Friday, February 22, 2008

Oriental Fan

Secret Sis Part 2: Oriental Fan
(click the pic to open a larger version)
Like I said in the previous post, TA loves anything oriental, so I set out to create an "oriental fan" using one of her favorite colors: Burgundy. The only flowers I had that resembled "oriental" was this stamp from my SU! Tags So Much--well, one of those "Tags" stamp sets anyway. I taped off the words and stamped the flowers several times onto white c.s. Then, I cut a large circle using my Creative Memories cutters. Decided how large to make the fan, I used my 12" straight edge cutter to cut the fan into pieces and then taped them onto black c.s. Then I pierced holes around the edge for stitching. Oh ya, I colored in the flowers & leaves with my Sakura Stardust Glitter gellyroll pens, so they are sparkly. The Burgundy b.g. is cuttlebugged with the "Textiles" folder. The "chinese" sentiment I got off the internet and printed from my computer. :)

**Day 3 of the flu....no fun. Took NyQuil last night, which I hate cause when I took it in college, I threw up blue liquid. Ya, sorry about that picture, lol. So, I've gotta be feeling like dying to take it. But none of the other cold/flu meds were working well enough. Feeling slightly better today, but have a terrible headache. Gotta go lie down. bye for now.

8 comments:

Ila said...

Wow!!This is a Beautiful Creation! I love this Oriental card! The fan and your design of this card is Lovely!!

Your blog is Excellent Kristine...and I have given you an award..check my blog.

I hope your feeing better soon. Take Care!!!

~KRISTY~ said...

WOW KRISTINE! YOUR NEW CARD CREATION IS STUNNING & I JUST LOVE THE ORIENTAL FAN!

Nise said...

Great stuff with the oriental theme, especially this fan - - VERY clever. Hope you're feeling better SOON.

Suzanne said...

Aren't you just clever! Fabulous card and I think I may have to lift this one.

Hope you feel better soon.

Trina said...

I hate to hear that you are sick! Hope you are feeling better soon! Get some rest!!

And your card is absolutely amazing!! Love the oriental look, I always have trouble with that, you did it awesome!!

Donelda said...

Wow, what a great fan card!! Taht is wonderfully creative!! Thanks for sharing

Donelda SBS4

TA Carbone said...

oh you all are great for liking this fan. And to think Kristine wrote that I am making her really go outside the box. Maybe now she will do it more often, that is once she feels better.

Toniann
aka TA
http://carbonescorner.blogspot.com

Marjorie said...

This is simply GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE this!! It's beautiful!