Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My First *Hanna*

I decided to take the day off work today so I can do whatever makes me happy - since it IS my birthday and all! :) Well, besides getting caught up on some much needed laundry, I'm getting some blog browsing done and a little stamping. (We have birthday plans for later today, so I'll have to post tomorrow about that.) I received some HANNA stamps from my friend Donna Baker last week, so I thought I'd try today's color challenge with one of the images. I also used sketch challenge #134 (Tent Toppers).
I added Dazzling Diamonds to the puddle and raindrops and then filled in the puddle with Crystal Effects. The green layer is cuttlebugged with the Bloom Dots folder and then machine stitched with brown thread onto choc. chip c.s. My FABULOUS secret sister sent me some really cute stitched felt flowers with rhinestones in center--they're self-adhesive too which is soo nice! The dress is pieced in pink, which is not the color combo, but I thought it needed a little something to break up the green/turq.
I've already had a comment in my gallery that I should join a "Hanna Swap", but I don't acutally OWN any stamps...I made this with images that Donna sent me :) THANKS ANYWAY!! If/when I DO get some, I'd love to join!
NOW...just a note about the sentiment on this card: Donna stamped it - I'm guessing it came in the Hanna set, but it totally reminds me of the song "Bring the Rain" by Mercy Me. I decided for today to go ahead and play that for you (on my slideshow at bottom of blog). This song is just awesome and speaks volumes. Here are the Lyrics:
"Bring The Rain"
I can count a million times
People asking me how I can praise You
with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray - Bring me joy,
bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain.
I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
So I pray-- (chorus)
Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
AMEN! By the way, do you see my weather pixie today? It's 61 degrees right now!! :) Woohoo. Wish I could do some gardening. Too early for flowers--they'll freeze again soon. :(

14 comments:

Kelly said...

Great card, your puddle is awesome!! Happy Birthday to you!!!

Donna said...

wow! You did a great job! sorry I forgot the puddle, what was I thinking?! Hope you have a wonderfully blessed & Happy Birthday (good for you for taking the day off)! that song's lyrics are nice, going to have to check out the song.

Melissa said...

Fabulous!

Misti said...

Kristine- I LOVE that song too! I told me husband one day as we were listening to it in the card, that I'm almost scared to sing that song. Sometimes we don't pay that close of attention to lyrics, we just sing them. To sing those and mean it is a scary thing! It sure teaches us that we need to rely on HIM!!! Have A Great Day!

Tammy said...

Beautiful Spring card!!

Tammy
SBS4

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love Love Love this....Soooo cute!!!

reflections:0) said...

What a cute card... Happy B-day to you and many, many more...:0)

reflections:0)

~KRISTY~ said...

GREAT JOB ON THE TENT TOPPER CARD KRISTINE,LOVE THE COLOURING.HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

All Pink girl said...

Fabulous card again love the stamp and the colours you have used ,Dawnxx

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

First off, sorry I wasn't here yesterday to tell you--Happy Birthday!!!!

Your Hanna card is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colors, and your stitching. Ooooh, you should join my Hanna swap on SCS. I have a link on my blog if you are interested. Hint, hint *wink*

This song is AWESOME just like our God! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I don't listen to enough Mercy Me. :)

Juliann said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!
& Pretty card!

Seleise said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Kristine! Good for you for getting to take the day off to play and stamp. I love your rainy day card. too cute!

Have a wonderful year!

Diane said...

Happy belated b'day!!! Your bella is beautiful!!No wonder you are wishing for rain,that is hot!!!

Marcia said...

Love it Kristine - that green is awesome.