Thursday, February 14, 2008

Lollipop Valentines

The girls needed to make some valentines for some church friends today and I remembered Dawn's video tutorial on these lollipop holders, so here's what we made:

STAMPS: Happy Heart Day; Toucan of my Love
CARDSTOCK: Glorious Green; Tempt. Turquoise; Real Red; Pink Passion
Then tonight, after dinner, my husband and I exchanged small gifts/cards and I just had to show you what he got me... the 50th Anniversary Edition of "An Affair to Remember"-- the BEST love story on film--IMO!! ;o)

I first saw this movie when I was in college and my roommate and I took a much needed retreat to a beach house for a few days. This movie was 1 of only about 3 that the house had, so we watched it and I fell in love with it. I always cry at the end when he realizes that it was her in the wheelchair--Ok...that's all I'm giving away! Lol. The girls are waiting for Survivor to come on, but as soon as that's over, we're tucking them in and then Movie time for us. :) Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day.

11 comments:

Dawn griffith said...

Oh my goodness they turned out FABULOUS girlie .. Love them all .. Pretty fun to make HUH even more fun to give away ..
xoxox
Dawn Griffith

Donna said...

how cute! that's my favorite all-time romantic movie.

~KRISTY~ said...

LOVE THE LOLLIPOP TOPPERS! THEY LOOK AWESOME!

Jennifer said...

hi, i found your blog, from scs. i love these lollipop covers. very cute!! i am going to try to make them for my kids, and then maybe expand to make them for their bdays to give out... thank goodness i have till the end of sept and the beginning of oct to do that. :) lol
i love your blog and plan on frequenting it. :) you have awesome ideas. i can't wait to read more.
~have a great day!
hugs, jenn

stampingbalou said...

What a fabulous idea to create lollipop holders... Thats absolutely fantastic !

Ila said...

Those Valentine treats are Super Cute!!..And what a great gift from your hubby...I love that film too.

Jane said...

They are all so adorable! Love the slit punch for closing them. I think my fav is the elephant but it's a close call between him and the mouse.

Jane
SBS4

Jill said...

Very cute project! Hope your Valentine's day was awesome!

Paula said...

Love the taffy holders! An Affair to Remember is one of my all time fave's too.

Marjorie said...

Love these cute lollipop holders!! They turned out fabulous!

Juliana said...

This is my all time favorite movie (along with Casablanca and It's a Wonderful Life). You have to see it a few times to see ALL of it.

(found you by blog surfing--great stuff here!!)