Monday, January 28, 2008

Thomas Kinkade Comparison:

Here are my 2 card comparisons. Same stamp, same inks, same techniques, different paper! You can click on them to enlarge and see more detail:



In yesterday's post, I showed you my first Thomas Kinkade watercolored card. I did that one using the watercolor paper. I WISH I would've taken photos to show you the difference in black/white b4 adding color. On both cards, I used Black Stazon, but the first was on SU!'s watercolor paper, and the 2nd on Ultrasmooth Whisper White c.s.

Well, I decided to go ahead and watercolor on the ultrasmooth and YES, it did seep through and make my paper wavy, so I taped it really well on the back and mounted it to c.s. and it was fine. (actually would work better prolly if you mounted it to colored c.s. and then watercolored it.)

ANYWAY, here's my 2nd card, stamped and colored the same way, (except for the pathway, I used the smaller end of the marker and used Celery instead of Garden Green) but on smoother cardstock. You'll see much more definition--in fact, you can see the Thomas Kinkade signature in the bottom right hand side (I circled it for ya!)

11 comments:

Lorie said...

This one is beautiful too! The second card probably is brighter and better due to the white card stock but it could also be even more so because of your color choice of layering. They are both absolutely, positively beautiful! :o)

Melissa said...

Wow! These are both so good, I couldn't even begin to choose a favorite. Excellent job!

M.

Stampedbyanangel@aol.com said...

These are both wonderful, great coloring. I really need some of these stamps. TFS

~KRISTY~ said...

YOU HAVE DONE AN AMAZING JOB ON THE COLOURING KRISTINE,THEY BOTH LOOK FABULOUS.

reflections:0) said...

They are both great... I like the soft look of the first one and the detail on the secon one...


reflections:0)

Tammy said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Tammy
SBS4

Flossie's Follies said...

Wow, what a difference paper makes, never would have tought so, but you have the proof. These cards are fantastic, your coloring is awesome.

Juliann said...

Very pretty! I use Whisper White cs to watercolor on all the time, in fact I haven't even tried the watercolor paper. I don't mind the wavy lines, like you said some extra tape and it is just fine.

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

It think they are both breath-takingly gorgeous! I love the watercolor look and even if the one bled through a bit I think they are perfect.

Wow, I am not sure I can do his stamps any justice, but I do have a couple of images here to try. I should get started on something. :) Thanks for the inspiration.

Bluemoon said...

They're both gorgeous, I love them. wishing I had one of their stamps big time. I have watercoloured the cheapest of white cs in different methods, here is what I do - when it is damp and starts to warp (when finished colouring), is place it in a Sears big catalogue. I save them just for stamping, using the front pages for glueing, turning the corner over to mark glued up pages, and the backs for weight. Only recently did I once in many years of doing this to adhere glue also, did I get a bit of black from the print, so maybe I would suggest using a sheet of white typing paper over the front. Leave it til dry, and your cs will be flat to matt. Hope that helps.

Shanismom said...

both cards are beautiful.