Thursday, January 10, 2008

Snowflake Burst

Okay...weird title, huh? I can't believe I missed these "starburst" things before Christmas, but the tutorial I just came across looked like a poinsettia and was done in red with red polka-dot vellum--VERY CUTE, but it said to try it with blue for snowflakes or yellow for stars, so since Christmas is over, I thought I'd try it in blue. The vellum I used has snowflakes already on it and is by SU! Made this into a tent topper card.

Wanna know what I used to make this, huh huh, do ya?? :) TAG PUNCHES!! Yup. Go check out this link for a picture tutorial. It's very cool and I just so happened to own both punches. Very kewl when you find new ways to use your tools!! :)

Ok...honestly--it still looks a bit like a poinsettia doesn't it?? Lol. Now that I got THAT into your minds, of course it does! Ha ha. Ok, now you're turn--go make one! Super easy and super FUN!!

12 comments:

Sparkle said...

Very pretty.

Linsey said...

oohh, so pretty! LOVE your vellum snowflake, awesome job! This is great in blue hues!

~KRISTY~ said...

JUST FANTASTIC KRISTINE, AWESOME JOB ON THE SNOWFLAKE!

My Paper World said...

It's gorgeous!

Jill said...

What a beautiful card! Nice work!

scrappernic said...

Love this--it's gorgeous!

Stampedbyanangel@aol.com said...

This is such a great effect, I'm going to have to try it. (You asked about what I used on my wrapped scallop from my blog-it is silver elastic string found with jewelry making.) I really enjoy your projects, very original.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow, I haven't seen one in brilliant blue, it's absolutely georgous! A total Wow!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

This is stunningly beautiful, Kristine! I have seen them, but I only have the original tag punch. I really need to get the smaller one, too. Great job! I love it in blue!! :) Kel

Deb said...

This is stunning Kristine, I love these starburst tags!

Smith Family said...

I love this! Bought both punches to make this type card, and have yet to do that. LOL But your card is gorgeous!

Abra Leah Cross said...

So cute! :)