Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Say HUH?!

:) Ok girls...I know my camera is not the best, and my pictures don't always turn out the greatest--that's why I sometimes go through the hassle of carrying my cardstock file box out to the front porch, set up my white cardstock (one on top, one on bottom) place my card, turn on my camera, oops-the wind knocked my card over, set it back up, step back, start to click, lose my balance, yada yada yada--you get the picture! Well, I came across SpazzGirl's post about setting your camera's white balance for indoor pictures! I downloaded my user manual (cause Lord knows where it is in this messy craft room!) and skimmed and skimmed until I found the part about white balance. Went through the motions and took pictures with all the settings. Then went back to Daily Dose of Spazz and read the part about setting my lens to manual. OOPS! Roadblock. Guess my camera's too cheap to have a manual lens--only automatic. BUT, I went ahead and uploaded my pics just to realize after all that--the "auto" white balance that my camera is set to is just about as good as it gets on this thing. SOO...didn't want this whole time to go completely to waste--so I'll show you how they came out. :) If you'd like to know what the bajeebers I'm talking about, go visit THIS POST at Daily Dose of Spazz. Night!

8 comments:

Juliann said...

Guess I will have to download my manual as well, I dont have a manual focus lense either, I wasn't even sure I like digital cameras till I got my blog, they are pretty much totally necessary!
TFS!

SpAzzGiRL said...

I have lots of problems with pictures indoors coming out how your sunny pictures do, so frustrating that my house seems to always have an orange aura.
At least now you know how to change your WB, which is very valuable in many settings.
Looks great!

Deb said...

Wow, amazing difference! Thanks for reminding me I can get my camera's manual online, I lost mine ages ago and can't get past the automatic stage!

~KRISTY~ said...

I DONT DO READING MANUALS..LMAO..IM A LAZY PHOTOGRAPHER & IS ALWAYS ON AUTO!..LOL ONE DAY I MIGHT BE BRAVE.

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Wow, this was a nice little tutorial on colors and white balance. Thanks for the info. I know I need to take the time to play around with my camera a bit, too. I think we all need those pretty white boxes I have seen some stampers received for Christmas. It is like a pop-up window shade, but it is a box shape and all white! Great idea!. Just might have to tie it down so it doesn't blow away if you are outside with your camera *wink*

Seleise said...

that sounds just like something I'd do. what a hoot! Thanks for sharing your fun story! And, your valentine's pocket is adorable!!!

Trina said...

I do the same thing!! Only difference is sometimes I actually wreck my card when it blows away in the wind! I also like to take my pictures in front of my flowers, because the greens from the plants are usually so striking in the picture...but if the wind is too strong then I don't bother, cause who would want a card that is full of dirt!! lol!!
I have found that if I open my blinds and take the picture where the sun comes into the house, it usually works pretty good!!

My Paper World said...

Thanks for the tip, I hope to try it when I've got time!
I have to take LOADS of photos each day, just to see what one turns out best!
Nicola xx