Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Pink Cherries are KICKIN'

Today's sketch challenge (158) was to create a "Kickstand" card. This was new to me, but it's been around a while now. You can see the layout {HERE}. You basically have to cut some off of the front of your card and then your main top panel is even with the bottom so that when it's open, it serves as a type of kick stand. You can see that better in the next photo.

I made these cherries before for Beate's birthday card last year. I liked them so much that I thought I would revisit that idea again. I used circle cutters for the cherries and then just trimmed the top with scissors to make them curvy like cherries. The stems are just green twine. I used my Stardust gellyroll pens inside the scallop and it sparkles IRL. Dragonflies have Dazzling Diamonds on their wings and I added googly eyes too. :) Don'tcha just LOVE those?!! I DO!! Here's a close-up of one. You can click on the pictures to enlarge them.
My base is Purely Pomegranate, and the designer paper is SU!'s Flirty pack, which I cuttlebugged with the tiny bubbles embossing folder. The green dotted ribbon is shiny--can't see that here, and the rhinestones are pink inside. :o) These are FUN to make, so if you haven't tried one, GO TRY IT OUT!! :o)

9 comments:

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Wow, Kristine!! This is KICKIN, girl! I just love everything about this card that I don't really know where to start. Okay . . . I guess first off I would say the colors are AWESOME, and I love how you free-hand cut those cherries--they look perfect. The googly eyes are TOPS, and the DD make them really shine! Terrific job. I made a kickstand card too that I will post later tonight or early tomorrow a.m. when I congratulate the winner of my challenge, but yourcard is really hard to top. I am afraid mine isn't quite that cute! :) Great job!!

Flossie's Follies said...

OOOOH, this is such a yummy card, love the colors and those cute little dragonflies with the eyes and the embossing, this card is AWESOME

linsey r said...

omgosh, this kick stand card is FAB! So is your blog, so full of delightful inspiration! You can bet that it's going on my list of favorites at my blog :) Thanks for stopping by to make a comment too! Very sweet of you! tfs your talent!

Amy said...

I love this card! I love Cherry designs and it is so cute. I never thought to just come up with my own cherries!

Great card and I hope to enter your contest!

My birthday is February too! :)

Yanitza Ramos said...

OMG, this is gorgeous! I am out of words... just LOVE it!

Chris (catt871) said...

WOW I love this card!! It is soooo cute!! The cherries are amazing...I seriously thought it was a stamp!!! Great job!!!! And the colours are so yummy!!!! !:)

Sparkle said...

Very cute, love the googly eyes.

Sparkle

Tracey said...

WOW this is one gorgeous card:) love every detail on it!! Thanks for the link to the tutorial.

~KRISTY~ said...

TOTALLY GORGEOUS NEW CARD YOU HAVE CREATED KRISTINE! WOW!!! LOVING THOSE CHERRIES!