Monday, January 21, 2008

A Little *TLC*

No school meant no work for me today--YEAH!! (Doesn't always!!) So, I got to play the Technique Lovers Challenge, and so did my DD (age 7). I made this one for a friend's daughter's birthday since it's so close to Valentine's Day I opted for pinks and hearts. (I will replace the suckers with heart shaped ones after I get a chance to go to the store and buy them!--these were all I could find around the house!!) ;o)

I had to alter the measurements because I started out with this cute bunny from the SU! set called "A New Little Someone" but then as I graduated layers it got too big, so I made a pocket card out of a regular sized card... 4.25"x 5.5"...it works! :o)

Colors are Purely Pomegranate and Pretty in Pink. I watercolored bunny on wc paper, cut him out and applied large pop dots to make him really stand out from the card. I used Karen Foster Snap Stamps to make the saying and put those on smaller pop dots. Crystal Rhinestones are attached with Crystal Effects. Oh, and as you prolly know...the background is cuttlebugged with the Divine Swirls folder and sponged over with the Pomegranate ink.

NOW...here's the card my daughter made this morning--before I could even make mine!!
She came up with the stamp, colors and even those white swirls on the scallops all by herself!! I'm so proud of her. It was wierd that everything matched because we started by googling toucans to see what colors they are and I didn't have green galore c.s. or orange, so we went with yellow. Then we found this polka dot ribbon (from my AWESOME Secret Sis!) that had the colors in it. And finally at the end, we looked for candy to put in it and wouldja look at that?!!! They match perfectly!! :) She's one very happy 7 yr. older camper!! :)

10 comments:

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Simply Sweet!!! Love everything about this (((Hugs)))

Trina said...

Adorable Kristine!!!
And looks like your daughter just may follow in your footsteps!! I love her card too!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

The colors in the bunny pocket card are so soft and pretty. I love how you used the cb swirls folder on the heart. Great job . . . and then I see your daughter's card! Wowwwww! She did a terrific job too! Like mother, like daughter, I guess. Her card is so bright and cheery. Great job indeed!

Stampedbyanangel@aol.com said...

These are so adorable I love you you did them, your daughter must be so proud of her work!

scrappernic said...

What fun! I love it!

Jane said...

Love both of them! Your daughter did an awesome job picking everything out herself and completing the challenge!

Jane
SBS4

Linsey said...

oh wow, this is awesome! I love your scalloped framed toucan (he's colored wonderfully) and the cool white swirl doodles! Super job on this great pixie pouch!

Juliann said...

These are really cute!

Deb said...

Love these, they are so cute, your daughter has inherited your talent obviously!

~KRISTY~ said...

WHAT AN AWESOME IDEA ADDING THE SWEETS..IM LUCKY I DIDNT MAKE THEM I WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO LOCATE SWEETS IN THIS HOUSE THEY ARE SMUGGLED OUT OF THE JAR THE MINUTE THEY ENTER THE HOUSE!