Friday, January 25, 2008

I'll Be Your Umbrella

I really loved the color combo that Taylor used the other day; Celery, Pomegranate, and Saffron; so I used them to create a sunny card to hopefully lift the spirits of a friend who's having a rough time. I really like this stamp from the "Send A Celebration" set.
I really need to find out what my secret sis uses to color her images with, because I really need help in that area. I watercolored this on wc paper. The umbrella I had to go over with a celery marker because my red bled out from the flowers. I like how it turned out anyhow. I added 2-way glue on the rain and applied Dazzling Diamonds. That's my only form of glitter. The circle saying is from the set "Riveting."
On a personal note:
My girls had their school Spelling Bee today. My DD, Carly (3rd grade) won for the whole 1st-3rd grades and gets to go to Regionals!! :o)
Too Happy 1 Raise The Roof Sunshine Dizzy
They also picked one person from 4th-5th grades and she will be going also. They are the only 2 that get to go. Since I'm pretty sure that no one from here that has kids in her school reads my blog, I don't mind bragging so much, Lol!!

12 comments:

Lorie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Great colors and layout! :o)

MJ said...

I so agree, I love this combo. I forgot about that set too, I love that and might need to dig it out from under the massive pile, lol. Great card.

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

This is a really cute combo. Thanks for sharing it with us. I think your coloring looks great. Woohoo, Carly for winning the spelling be for 1st-3rd, and Good luck to both girls at Regionals!! Practice, practice with them, Mom. :D I will be rooting (sp?) for you from here in PA! :D

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card...love the whole color combination!

~KRISTY~ said...

DONT YOU JUST LOVE THE NAMES OF THE COLOURS!GORGEOUS CARD,GOOD LUCK THE THE GIRLS WITH THE UPCOMING SPELLING BEE.

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Kristine :) and sounds like you have very clever girls.

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Sweet....Love everything about this!!!

Jane said...

Great color combo! And great job coloring! If I had to guess I'd say your SS is using either copics or prismacolor pencils. Probably copics (coloring looks smoother than I get with prismas). But that's a total guess!

Jane
SBS4

My Paper World said...

Very pretty! The colour combo is great!

Donelda said...

cute card - I love all the sparkle!!! and wow -- congrats to your daughter! I'm a terrible speller so I can really appreciate someone who spells well!! YEAH!!!

Marcia said...

Great colour combo, they blend so well.

Linsey said...

oh, this card is super cute! I love the diamond jewel center! Your coloring is wonderful! CONGRATS to your girls--what an awesome achievement! Let us all know the results after regionals! ~hugs~