Monday, January 28, 2008

Dahlia Fold

Today's TLC (technique lovers challenge) was to create this Dahlia Fold flower on a card. Some had very interesting interpretations--some very gorgeous, so make sure and check out the fab gallery over at SCS!!

IMO... the outcome of your flower will largely depend on the double-sided paper that you use. I used single-sided paper and didn't like the stark white back, so I sponged on Old Olive to make it look like leaves. (?) Then I taped my dp down to Magenta c.s. (remember that color?? Retired SU!, but I have a whole pack of it left) and then I sewed all around the edges with zigzag and straight stitches. No stamping on this. I also had these olive and purpley pink rhinestone brads that went perfect with the colors in the dp. :)

I love learning new folds and techniques, so I'm SO ONTO THIS--join us each Monday at SCS. Just see the Monday link in my right column!!

8 comments:

Trina said...

Very cool card Kristine! Love the colors and the all the folds!!

Melissa said...

Fabulous!

PATTY said...

love your card, the colors, and the fold.

www.paperpiecingpatty.blogspot.com
patty

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is beautiful, love the paper

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

These Dahlia fold cards you ladies are doing are just gorgeous!! I love the rich colors in this one Kristine! :) Kelly

Donelda said...

smart idea to sponge onto the white side of the paper...why didn't I think of that? You are brilliant!!

Marcia said...

Love it Kristine - this looks awesome. My mum does heaps of teabag folding so will show this to her.

Linda said...

This card is awesome. I gotta try it myself. THANKS bunches