Friday, December 28, 2007

Snow Much Fun!

I love Penny Black Inc's Hedgie line of stamps. We don't have any snow right now here, but with the wind chill yesterday it felt as though we had a couple feet of it! So, I'll just enjoy making snowmen with my stamps :)

The colors here are Wild Wasabi, Cameo Coral, and Chocolate Chip. I'm sure that must have been a color challenge at one time, but I just made up a card with what I had on my desk and I think they look pretty good together. I watercolored this image, and not sure if you can see it or not, but I colored the sky with Bashful Blue first, let it dry, then swiped some green strokes over it. It shows up better in real life. I don't have that puffy white appliqué stuff, so I like to use Dazzling Diamonds on the snow and his hat.

SOMETHING NEW: I tried something new with the border of the coral. First I cut a wavy edge, then I used a flower punch all around. I didn't like the green showing through, so I taped the coral onto a piece of white and trimmed close to the coral edge. Now it pops--maybe a little too much?? Not sure this is the look I was going for, but I don't have any designer paper that matches and this was my last piece of coral, so what can you do? lol.

19 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Awwwww...so cute!!!

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

Hi Kristine, hope you are enjoying this wonderful Christmas season, and a very happy new year to you!!! gorgeous card, real cute xx

Kirsten said...

This card totally made me smile! Too stinking cute!

Jane said...

Very cute. Love all the glitter and your coloring is awesome!

Jane
SBS4

Michele said...

This is absolutely adorable!!!

Juliann said...

This is very cute! I love these little hedgehogs! Great use of cameo coral...I like the combo, I never use that color!

Diane said...

Awwwww!!! Snow adorable!!!!

Stampedbyanangel@aol.com said...

The border looks great! I love the sparkles. Have a wonderful New Year ...fellow sbs4 sister

Trina said...

This card is great!! Love the hedgehogs and the scalloped edge is wonderful too!!
Such a nice card!! Great Job!!

Sparkle said...

I think it turned out adorable! Love the snow and the sparkle! Great job.

SBS4- Sparkle

Belas Creating Place said...

Oh this is just the cutest card ever. So sweet. I have to show it to my 7 year old. She enjoys looking at cards and crafts that people make too.
Have a Happy and Creative New Year, Bela
belascreatingplace.blogspot.com

~KRISTY~ said...

THAT HEDGIE & SNOWMAN STAMP IS TOTALLY ADORABLE!!!! LOVE YOUR NEW CARD KRISTINE ITS JUST GORGEOUS. HAVE A FANTASTIC 2008!

Donelda said...

so cute. I love these little guys too but I don' own any. I just get to look at other's awesome cards. I also love this color combo that you have !! Nice.

Donelda SBS4

Donna said...

this is SOO cute! oh man, I just remembered you sent me this image too and I forgot to use it! guess I need to save it for 2008 now. I love how you did the guava border!

Shanismom said...

love the card w/color combo. it looks like a picture frame.

scrappernic said...

I love all the hedgehog cards--so adorable! WHat fun stamps :)

Kendra Giles said...

i love all the sparkle kristine - I also love the new banner!

Heather P. said...

Oh my gosh, this is SOOOO cute!

tyrymom29 said...

AWWWW Absolutely Love this card!!!!