Saturday, December 22, 2007

A New Look

I'm going out on a limb here (once again) and trying a new look with my blog template. Not really any reason behind it except for the fact that I just LOVE CHANGE!! Ok, the real reason? I get bored too easily--probably not a good thing! Anyway, I'm not sure I'll keep the white background--you all KNOW I love color...well, if you've been following my blog for very long anyways! :) I don't always get much time to write long posts these days, but I really like the idea of a "café" they are very cozy-especially when accompanied by a good friend! So, how did I come up with "Café Ink"? Well, I felt like I should keep part of the title the same so you'd recognize it's still ME! But, the other part of it came from the tatoo shows called "Miami Ink" and L.A. "Ink". I'm not saying I'm "into" tatoos or anything, but I do have to say that they are very artistic!! And so..."CAFÉ INK" it is! :) I've just gotta say, Heather P. is the CLEVEREST gal of them all with her title "{Witty Title Here}"--yup, THAT IS her title! :)

Well, I think I'm over the flu now, but I have this lingering cold and cough. We had a party today (just our family) for my hubby's birthday. It's actually not until Christmas day, but we think it's nice to celebrate it beforehand. The girls were very busy making something special for him. We ordered a cake with a fisherman on it and the girls made this fisherman on a cardboard pole with fish dangling and even a birdie on his head!! :) SO funny. Here's a pic:

They even made party hats that we all had to wear, but what really took a lot of time was that green sign back there. They cut out all the letters to spell "we wish you a happy birthday" and added glue and glitter to all of them and started stringing them on curly string by punching holes in 2 sides of each letter. it was taking forever and they got glue all over my kitchen floor and pink stains from the color of construction paper is still there! Oh, what we do for our kids! Thank goodness for Solumel!! It's a natural cleaner made by Melaleuca and it really works on just about everything! Well, it was a pretty good day.
OH YA...I was going to tell you yesterday my boss stopped by with this HUGE fruit basket and Christmas card--AWE...that was sooo sweet. I was sick with a fever and that just really made my day. Then later in evening our neighbor lady brought us some goodies she made. Oh yes, those holiday pounds are non-avoidable and I'm just waiting til after Christmas to get my treadmill back in the house!!
Treadmill
P.S.
Can anyone help me get my right column codes back?? When I changed my template I didn't save my original and don't remember how to add my email address link and how to link pictures to websites (as an html code in my column--not in a post). ?? Can anyone help??
Also, I don't know WHY some of my lines are single spaced and some are 1.5 or 2xs??

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I looooooooooooove the new look! Awesome blog banner and title!!!!

I'm glad that you're feeling better.