Monday, December 17, 2007

More Glass Ornaments

I took the day off today so I could go to town and do my Christmas shopping. I've been swamped for the last 2 weeks straight! I got it all done and wrapped before everyone else got home, so I'm feeling pretty good today! I even had time to make 3 more ornaments. Tomorrow morning I am teaching how to make these to 20 third graders! (my dd's class) Her teacher bought enough glass ornaments at the dollar tree for all the students. Here is a link to Juliann's picture tutorial in case you'd like instructions :)

This little snowman is not a stamp actually. For her class, I found a bunch of Christmasy coloring pages and shrunk them down on a copy machine (at work) to get them just the right size. Then I cut each picture out and taped them onto my master page that has 6 traced ornaments on it, and then ran the transparencies through. I have about 16 different designs and ran about 3 of each so the kids have plenty to choose from! :) My sister found the Glitterex white glitter at Michael's for me, and that's what's in the bottom of the ornaments (use a funnel to pour it in).

In my second picture, I stamped my zebra (Cape Arago) onto a piece of white typing paper and shrunk it down to fit onto my traced ornament as well. I made this one for my pastor's/boss' wife who loves zebras. See this post. For the zebra, I stamped him in Black Stazon and then on the back side, I used my Signo white gel pen for the lines. You can't see that with the white background here, but the white really stands out on these transparencies!

And, last but not least, my horse ornament is for my neighbor who let my girls ride her horses for her 9th birthday last month! Very sweet lady, See this post. This horse is from SU!'s set called, "Bareback".

I went to town today and found a ton of colors in the permanent markers for these. I might as well make good use of them right? So I've decided to let my Treasure Seekers girls make these Wednesday night as well.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

14 comments:

Shanismom said...

these are beautiful. have fun teaching the kids.

stampingbalou said...

Your work is such a fantastic one. I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, your Sister Heike will spend some time with the family, so don´t worry, if I´m going to say "hello" not until in 2008.... ;o) Yours, Heike xox

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Wow, these are very pretty, and the snowman is my favorite!! He is so cute. I was going to ask you who makes that stamp until I read further. Good luck showing the little kiddos! Sounds like fun. :) Kelly

~KRISTY~ said...

HI KRISTINE,YOUR ORNAMENTS LOOK AMAZING IM YET TO TRY XMAS DECORATIONS.APART FROM THAT PAPER STAR I MADE!HAVE FUN TEACHING THE KIDS THEY WILL LOVE IT!

Suzanne said...

These are terrific. I love the zebra one it looks 3D in the photo.

Tracey said...

Oh WOW these ornaments look fantastic the kids are going to love them:)

Diane said...

OMG!!! Those are gorgeous!!!

Michele said...

These are awesome!!! I love these! Maybe I will have to make some for NEXT year!

scrappernic said...

Love these ornaments! What a neat way to personalize the gift to the person you're giving it to.

Deb said...

These are so sweet! Very clever!

Merry Christmas, hope you have a great time!

Kylie said...

WOW, these are awesome, hope you have fun with the kiddies making them, I am sure they will LOVE making them and will be a special keepsake for them to cherish, Merry Christmas!!

My Paper World said...

Wow! They look fantastic!

Belas Creating Place said...

wonderful ornaments...real originals.

You have been Tagged. Please tell us 7 interesting things about you and forward the same to 7 more bloggers. Have fun.
Merry Christmas, Bela

Diana said...

Love the ornaments!! I am sure that the kids had a great time doing this!!

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year!

Love,
Diana