Thursday, December 13, 2007

Fancy Collector Ornament

I started making a collection of these "Collector Ornaments" for my mom and MIL a couple years ago, but the first one I've made this year is going to a ladies Christmas party at our church tonight. It's really hard to see all the detail in this photo, but it has turquoise and purple beads along with gold and white all over it. It's really very beautiful IRL. CLICK THE PHOTOS TO SEE THEM LARGER (if you want) :)

I know--this kinda looks like a prickly sea creature or something, doesn't it? :) These are soo fun to make and I usually finish one in about 3-4 hours, however not all in one sitting. Usually I take 2-3 days to do it. Here's a pic of the underside.

I've made 4 different ones for each of my mom and MIL so far, and I have a bright pink one and a seafoam green/pink one to do for them for Christmas this year. I only hope that when my girls get older and take all their own ornaments (that we've boughten them each year) away with them that they make some of THESE for my tree--some day! My girls also love crafts, but they're too young for this detailed of a craft. Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

My Paper World said...

It looks stunning! Beautiful beads and great colours!

~KRISTY~ said...

WHAT A GORGEOUS DECOARATION!GORGEOUS BEADS & COLOURS.

yvonne said...

this are so beautiful, the detail is amazing!

Tracey said...

Love it:) You are very creative!!

~Jules~ said...

just beautiful!

Juliann said...

Very pretty a lot of detail! BTW glad your sister found the glitter!!! Now you have to post more of those ornaments!

Juliann said...

And I love the weather pixie...just got one for myself!

Stampedbyanangel@aol.com said...

This is a wonderful ornament you must have patience!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous ornaments. I think they're just stunning - not much like a prickly sea critter at all. Lucky moms!!

Deb said...

Wow, these are so beautiful, love all the detail on them, I am sure they are lots of fun to make!

Kylie said...

WOW, I LOVE this, it is just so beautiful, I wouldn't want to part with it!!! I am sure the person receiving it would treasure it for sure.

Donelda said...

what a lot of work!! I don't think I'd have the patience to finish one :0)

Seleise said...

wow - these look like they take an incredible amount of time. great job! Love your birdhouse card on the previous post. It looks so rich and love the different textures.

scrappernic said...

Stunning ornament! It looks like one you would pay big bucks for. Absolutely gorgeous!

Tammy said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Stunning color and it will be a hit:)

Tammy
SBS4 sister who would never have the patience to due such a thing...lol

Shanismom said...

OMG.. This is beautiful and amazing.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Your ornaments are georgous!