Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Catching Snowflakes

This cute little sketch is for SC156.

This little guy is a Penny Black hedgie called "Garden Gossip"and originally has a ladybug on his toes, but I thought it'd be cute to add a snowflake in keeping with the current season. Honestly, I had no idea what sentiment to use for him--but I do use birthday cards up pretty fast, so I chose the word 'sparkle' and added Dazzling Diamonds on his circle with 2-way glue. Inside I'll put something like "Here's hoping you have a sparkling day!" The paper and punches are SU!, and the circle cutters are Creative Memories.

ON A PERSONAL NOTE: This card really cheered me up today just making it. I'm still sick and got no sleep last night. I tried to go in to work, but boss told me to take another day off. I'm so sick of being sick!! I finally took a sleeping aid and slept most of the afternoon until my mom brought my girls back home. The girls got one of those hair braiding machines that comes with the beads--any of you have those?? So we played with that for a while. My dd with the long hair has such thin hair that it kept coming out as it was spinning. I must have tried 6 times and got bigger and bigger chunks--finally got one to stay! OH YES... got to tell you about the "High School Musical" playstation singalong!! We can't seem to get enough of that around here the last couple days. The girls can actually sing duets with it, and I gotta say--yes, it can get annoying at times--especially being sick and all, but I'd much rather have them singing with that then with the American Idol karoke (which has songs not suitable for young children). Am I not the only mom who could really use a Mother's Day (off) right about now?? lol.

Well, Tomorrow's another day--Another opportunity to make a difference in the world...good or bad--my attitude will tell. 'Nite!

8 comments:

Tracey said...

Kristine the hedgehog stamp is adorable love how you used it:)

Hope you get over your sickness real soon and get a good nights sleep.

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Wow, that is a great sketch. I have not played in the SC's in sooo long. I really need to get back to them. I love your hedgie, too! The sparkle sentiment is perfect, and I love the glitter all around him. Great idea! Hope you are feeling much better by tomorrow! God Bless and take care! :) Kelly

~KRISTY~ said...

VERY SWEET CARD! & GET WELL SOON!

Linda said...

It is miserable to me sick but is even worse when it is Christmas. Take care of yourself.

I love your hedgehog card. I don't have any hedgehogs. But I just put them on my list.

My Paper World said...

This is adorable! I love the sparkle!

All Pink girl said...

Gorgeous card ,hope you feel better soon ,Dawnx

Diane said...

Awwww such a sweet card!!
Get well soon!!!

Shanismom said...

very cute card. i hope you are feeling better.