Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I Made Ornaments!

Ok...these are so fun to make, however I need more practice!! I WISH I could find an exact size template for these. My inner transparency is not right and took me a few times to get this. I also should stamp my images up higher. But, nevertheless, they are very fun to make.

I found these glass ornaments in packs of 3 at the dollar tree store!! Couldn't believe it...after I had seen this post on Pixie Shire I thought they are soo cute, but Michael's is an hour one-way and it's icy out, so maybe next year. Then...whadda you know? Dollar store of all places! WOOHOO!! :)
Juliann has a great tutorial at the link above, so make sure and check that out. The 'ornament' inside this ornament has 2-way glue with Dazzling Diamonds on it. I had red and green permanent pens, and white (gotta love the white!) I couldn't find big white glitter at the dollar store (for inside the ball)...only green, red, silver and gold. I think I'd like these much better with the white!! Oh well. Cute enough and for under 50 cents a piece--it's cute!

(Sorry the picture is blurry--it's hard to hold it with one hand and shoot the camera perfectly still with the other!)

10 comments:

Donna said...

these are great, Kristine! I wish a Michael's or Hobby Lobby or LSS were FURTHER away from me!

~KRISTY~ said...

I THINK ITS JUST PERFECT! I WISH WE HAD A MICHAEL'S HERE IN AUSTRALIA!!

kathy said...

I think its very cute

Trina said...

Adorable!! I really like your ornaments....I will have to go out and look for clear balls now!

Diane said...

Oh that would be so neat to have a whole tree decorated with those!!
They are Beautiful!!!

Juliann said...

Great job!!! I love the other glitter stuff in them!!! Nice finding them at the dollar store. I know Hobby Lobby sells them as well if you have one of those closer!!! Very pretty, thanks for the link as well!!! Have a great weekend!

Carmen said...

Hi Sister :-)
This ornaments looks great, I love them! Thank for your visit on my blog, I'm glad to be with you in the same sisterhood!
Carmen

Rita said...

Fantastic ornaments. You've inspried me to get going on mine before is too late. A Blogging Sister.

Trish D said...

Ooh, those are great! I particularly like the first one

Shanismom said...

beautiful ornament.