Monday, October 15, 2007

Origami Christmas Tree

These 3-D trees are SOO easy to make and very fun too. I followed this tutorial over at Pixie Shire, many thanks to that link from Norma J!!

I used SU!'s holiday designer paper and cut mine 2.5" for the largest, and every 1/2" smaller for the next 3 squares. The blue background paper is also from the same holiday pack and I ran that piece through the Cuttlebug with the snowflakes folder. The penguin is from SU!'s "Polar Pals" set and the little ornaments are from a Tag punch set.

These are so fun. Go check out the tute and leave your post addy on Pixie Shire's blog!! :)

EDITED:
I added dazzling diamonds and a little santa hat --adds a lot to the card.
I was asked if the tree makes this card heavy? Well, it's no heavier than a regular 2-3 layer card, maybe I used designer paper which is lighter-weight than cardstock? I'm sure that it won't take xtra postage. (I use to be a mail clerk). Thanks for all the great comments, now GET TO FOLDING and leave me a link--I'd love to see them, and so would Juliann (the creator!!) :o)

12 comments:

Michele said...

WOW! An origami tree? Looks intimidating! IT looks awesome on your card!!!

Melissa said...

These trees are so awesome on cards! Excellent job!

Juliann said...

OH MY!!! This is sOoOooOOO A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!! I love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Can you share with me Pixie's blog address? michellemallett@comcast.net Thanks

Diane said...

What a neat idea!! I'll have to try this,it's a gorgeous card!!

Gina Wrona said...

Splendid! You've got to tell me, did the tree make the card really heavy? It's Awesome!

Corie said...

This is FANTASTIC!!

Morning Glory68 said...

An adorable card! I love the penguin in his santa hat! :-)

I've made a few of these cards. You can see them in my gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/443861?cat=500&ppuser=53867

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

this is beautiful, so so cute!!! xx

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is fantastic, love that orgami tree, the cute penguin and all your glitz.

Jen said...

oh my the penguin and the origami Christmas tree--How cute! Love what you did with this card!

Heather P. said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this!! Absolutely fabulous!