Sunday, October 14, 2007

Masked Trees

I have the hardest time creating cards for the men in my life, how 'bout you? So, I had this "simple" card in mind, where I used a plain white piece of c.s. and stamped the big pine tree in Handsome Hunter (with choc. chip trunk). Then I stamped off on a piece of copy paper and cut it out and taped it over tree with removeable tape. Then, I used my Creative Memories oval template (love those!) and cut out an oval from the middle of the typing paper and layed the paper "template" over my white card. I stamped the smaller trees in the oval and sponged on Sage Shadow ink to fill the oval. To add a little more oomph, I sponged on Garden Green under the trees. It doesn't look this bad IRL, lol. My scanner deepened the colors.

And then I decided to step it up, so I trimmed the edges and sponged them with Chocolate Chip ink, punched the corners, and added a Word Window punch-out with some hunter twine & eyelet. The Birthday sentiment is by Papertrey Ink's "Butterfly Kisses"; and the trees are Stampin' Up!'s "Lovely as a Tree".
So, which do you think? Can't really go backwards with it, so I guess I will have to use this one, but if you all like the simpler white card best, I could remake that one. :) Remember, go check out Papertrey Ink's new release tomorrow--the 15th!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I really like both of them, but I like the second one the best.

Diane said...

Absolutely Stunning!!! Yes it is so hard for male cards,but this one is great!!

Trina said...

I like them both too!! I agree, it is sooo hard to make a great card for a male - you did awesome!!