Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas...

...TREE!! :o)

This week's color challenge {cc136} was to GO PINK--in honor of breast cancer awareness month. SO...since I'm having too much fun creating these origami trees, I thought I'd make a pink and white card. What better color to pair up with pink and white but silver!! Ok...brown too, love those combos. NO stamping on this one. Just cuttelbugged a piece of white copy paper (tree) and vellum (bg) with the snowflake folder, punched the corners with the southwest corner punch and ran my silver cord across card, inserting it in the grooves and wha-La! Oh ya, guess you might want to know HOW I did the tree?? Check out Juliann's tutorial at Pixie Shire for simple directions with pictures! :)

9 comments:

Michele said...

I soooo love this tree. Haven't made one yet....will try soon!

Juliann said...

Oh very nice once again!!! Don't you just love doing this tree??? I love the colors in this one!!!

Corie said...

I love the non-traditional colors on this card -- so beautiful.

Morning Glory68 said...

Great card, Kristine! The embossed paper and vellum add so much to this card. What a clever idea!

Gina Wrona said...

Awesomely stunning! I've really got to try this!

Linda Bien said...

Kristine -- I did one of these the same night that I saw your post with the first tree!! I could hardly wait to get home from work and get started on it. I'm passing on Julianne's tutorial to all my card-making friends. Thank you!!
Linda L Bien (Bedford Texas)

Michelle said...

Fabulous! I love the pink and the white together, and the cuttlebugged tree is just the best thing I've seen! Love it!

Melissa said...

Oh so fabulous!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Gorgeous card. I did her origami tree too. Have a great week. Chris