Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Peek-a-BOO!!

Now I've never been big on the Halloween holiday, but I JUST HAD TO DO IT!! :) I've had this cute kitty face for a few days now, but didn't have it mounted yet. When I sat down to try the sketch challenge for today, I just couldn't come up with anything. So, I inked up this little fella and came up with this card.

I had my hubby cut a piece of wood for him, but I still don't have any rubber cement, so I layed the stamp on the block, inked him up and then layed my c.s. on top and rubbed it all over. I worked! For the time being anyway ;)

The celery c.s. is stamped with Linen bg and then cuttlebugged with the swirls folder. I used pumpkin c.s. and SU!'s retired holiday stencils and then I sponged pumpkin ink in various places. Drew in lines with markers. His paws are on pop dots for dimension. The scallop is made with the slit punch--I prefer that method to scallop scissors because I don't cut straight...but with the punch, you get it straight every time.

I JUST HAVE TO ADD: I saw SCSer, Mothermark's gallery that she has set aside just for this kitty--she calls him "Rocky", that I fell in love with--and I KNOW my MIL will absolutely treasure as she's such a cat collector--real ones AND ceramic! So, I got my inspiration from her gallery HERE. Check it out--tons of really creative and fun "Rocky" cards. THANKS!!

**SIDE NOTE:
SO, you've prolly noticed that my blog is different--AGAIN! :) I just really like color. That brown was not setting well with me. I also realized that my previous blog colors (celery and apricot) pretty much went really well with my new Fall picture banner, so I went back to that...except I did make them a tad darker. What do ya think??

15 comments:

Michele said...

I love this clever card! The kitten is adorable!

Rita said...

Wow, this card is so adorable!!! I luv it, how creative of you. Great job.

Jan Scholl said...

I love Halloween and I am actually working on some cards using similar colors but I added some burgandy and some grey.And alittle bit of corn color too. Its pretty neat to play with color isnt it?

~* Tracy *~ said...

love the kitty too, so creative!

StampOwl said...

cute cute cute .... was shown this today on SCS and loved it then and still love it ;)

MJ said...

That really is a cute cat! Nice job.

Michelle said...

Oh wow, that kitty is the cutest thing I've seen in a long, long time!! I can't stand it! It makes me want to buy a kitten! Awesome card!

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

oh, kristine!! i thought that kitty was a photo!! she's adorable and i just had to pop in and tell you!! i do love the fall "bloglook"! i have been praying for you and hope you are doing well. sus

mothermark said...

Hi Kristine!

Thank you for sending me a pm with your blog address. Your blog is just gorgeous, like others have said, what a beautiful Fall look!

I have to giggle at your excitement over *Rocky*. I feel the same way. I am so not into cats, have always been into dogs, but this guy Rocky just has me addicted. He is just absolutely adorable and your card was rockin' One of my SCS friends saw your card and immediatedly sent me a pm and said lookee here!

It is a wonderful, wonderful, card. You did a great job and how ingenious you were just to get him stamped.

I had ordered just the rubber also and ended up sending it to a friend and ordering it mounted. It is shipping today, I feel another Rocky card coming on!

Yikes! This is a long comment! Sorry...Love your card, thanks for the link to my Rocky gallery!

Happy Today!
Cindy

Flossie's Follies said...

how great, love it, what a cute kittie, it is great, and you are so inventive, love your fall look, been thinking about updating mine and now that I have seen your blog I need to go a move on it.

Corie said...

This is just so adorable -- I absolutely LOVE this card.

Gina Wrona said...

Awesome! Love it!

Heather P. said...

This is just TOO cute! Love how the kitty is peeking out of the pumpkin. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I've had that stamp from Biblical Impressions for at least three years but couldn't figure out how to color it. You did a marvelous job. Thank you for inspiring me to pull him out again and play with him. You did a super job with the details. Take care and God bless, Elizabeth S.

dini said...

I used this stamp the other day and posted to my blog, and Elizabeth (from the comment above) sent me over here to look at your card. Sooooo cute with the pumpkin! TFS!

Dina
http://mamadinis.blogspot.com