Monday, September 10, 2007

Love from Oregon

I made two of these cards today to send to a couple of special men who are living with cancer; my uncle and Trina's uncle {see special RAK request here}.

I don't know about you, but it's when I'm at the coast, looking out at the vast ocean and sky that I am reminded how Great God is!!...and how small I and my problems are. It's amazing that even though we are tiny specks on earth, He knows each of us by name, knew us before we were even formed in the womb, and loves each of us so much that the measure of His heart defies the human mind.

Anyway, sometimes the Lord touches people's hearts through ordinary people like us, so I just want to send them a smile and a reminder how much they are loved and thought of. If you'd like to send Trina's uncle a card, please see the link at the top. She will send you his addy if you email her. Thanks!

HERE'S MY RECIPE:
Stamps: Coast to Coast; Stippled Shells (both SU! retired); Warm wishes (SU!)
Cardstock: Soft Sky; Blue Bayou; watercolor

Accessories: Aqua Painter & classic ink pads; silver hardware; silver cord; southwest corner punch; sponge
Inspired by a card of NANCYRUTH's on SCS

12 comments:

Jill said...

This is beautiful! I'm sure it will be much appreciated.

Bethany Paull said...

This is stunning! I love how you incorporated the white clouds into your coloring.

Michele said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Trina said...

Wow Kristine, your cards are fantastic!!! I totally love this card and think it is just perfect!! Thank you so much for doing this, you are an amazing woman!

Ila said...

This card is Fabulous Kristine. Thank you so much ... I know it will brighten my brother's day.

MJ said...

Beautiful card. I too love to be near the ocean, although sometimes you just need someone to gently remind you and you can see the Lord;s beauty anywhere. Thanks for the reminder.

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

this is so true Kristine, and a beautiful thought xx

Heather S. said...

What a great job you did with this card. Did you use copic markers?

Heather S. said...

Wow, I cannot believe that you did this with your SU! markers. That's so awesome. Sorry I haven't commented for awhile. Life has been so busy I haven't been able to keep up with checking all the blogs I'd like to. Also, I changed my id name because too many people out in blog land are named Heather. It's easier this way I decided. More unique.

Corie said...

This is just absolutely beautiful!!

Heather P. said...

WOW, this is gorgeous!!

~Carla~ said...

This is a stunning card! I have this set and have never been able to do it justice like this! Just gorgeous!!