Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Giddyupabella

Made this for a little girl who loves horses!! I don't own any bella stamps, however I swapped a bunch of images with Ally Blankenship a while ago, so THANKS ALLY!!

My daughter also loves horses right now--I'm soo excited that I actually got a magazine in the mail today that has a ton of collector Christmas ornaments in just about anything you can imagine, and found her the cutest horsey one. We have a tradition every year where my hubby and I get a sitter and we go shopping for a special ornaments for each kid that reflects something about that year (ie. what they're "into") so my other daughter is getting a piano ornament, since she's very into music and is going to be taking piano lessons starting next week. They both are, but I just HAVE to get the horse one for my oldest. Then we write on the bottom their name and the year. That way when they get married they'll have a box of special ornaments that have sentimental value and she can relive the happy memories of what they were "into". :)

SO...bet I know what you're thinking..."well, if she orders them, then she won't have a reason to get a sitter and go shopping with your hubby!" well, don't you worry your pretty little heads about THAT!! We can take that opportunity to go to dinner and a movie, or just dinner--out of town. Ok, I'm getting waaay off the subject here. Back to the card!!

THE CARD: The saddle is shiny and so is her band on her hat and shoulders on shirt--that's from colored Sakura Stardust gellyroll pens!! I LOVE ÉM!! The rest I just watercolored with my aqua painter and classic ink pads. This card came together very quickly as I had these blue and pink backgrounds already cut--left over from my niece's T.Y. cards. :) Just needed a quickie. Thanks for visiting!! :)

HERE'S MY RECIPE:
Stamps: Giddyupabella (Stampingbella); Paisley bg (SU!)
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink; white; Creamy Caramel; designer (?)
Accessories: silver brads; brown gingham ribbon; rose grosgrain ribbon; Sakura Stardust Gellyroll pens; sponge

12 comments:

Corie said...

WOW WOW WOW -- just perfect for girl!!! I love this card!

Abra Leah Cross said...

Too cute!! Isn't Ally awesome? I :heart: her. :)

I love the layout and the coloring. The sparkle is the perfect touch!

Katie Skiff said...

That is a very cute card. I love the layout.

We do that same thing with ornaments here. I realized last year we had a few too many spidermans. LOL...

Dancin Queen said...

Okay, that is seriously cute! I love it! You could frame that and hang it in a room!

Heather P. said...

This is just too darn cute!

~Carla~ said...

Beautiful card! Gotta love those Bella's!! :)

sophia landry said...

This is a beautiful Bella card! I didn't even realize they had a horse one. I have to say I've always been horse crazy, so I definitely feel for your daughter.

Morning Glory68 said...

What an adorable card! My daughter would go nuts for this card. She loves anything related to horses.

Theresa said...

What a wonderfully fun card!!!

Trina said...

This is adorable!! Love the image and your background!! I'm sure the little girl you are talking about will love it.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love your Bella! A friend of mine sent me some stamped images of her recently. Too cute!

I had to laugh about your PG rating and why, now that's funny! Don't even talk about your guilliotine cutter!

Ila said...

This is Adorable!! I have a niece who loves horses and would just love this card...Love your coloring and great design!