Saturday, September 08, 2007

Christmas Gifts

Mom and I are looking for some (inexpensive) homemade Christmas gifts to make for this year. She is a teacher's aid (has been for 21 yrs. now) at an Indian School on the reservation here and she has 6 teachers this year that she'll be working for, and would like to give each of them a little something. And I would like to make a few for my co-teachers at church. Here's a list of what we've done in the past:
  • Survival Kits - or Recipe boxes made from altered lunch tin
  • Lighted Beaded Glass Blocks with Christmasy pictures on them
  • Beaded/crocheted angels
  • Recipe-in-a-Jar
  • Altered Clipboards

Do any of you have some suggestions?? I think there might be a section on SCS for this type of thing but not sure how to find it. Any help would be much appreciated!! :)

HELP!!

Ok...I've gone to "search" part in the gallery (scs) and clicked on several of the "anything but a card" categories like "altered tins" and other containers, but it comes up with nothing. What am I doing wrong?? Do I have to also put in a search word up on the top part? Funny...I've been a member of SCS for years and can't figure this out! HELP! :)

7 comments:

Heather P. said...

Sounds fun! :) In the SCS gallery, they have a whole section called "Anything BUT a Card"... Lots of great ideas there!

stampqueen said...

I have made altered composition notebooks before - they cover nicely and make great Journals.
Tera

Suzie0712 said...

Here is a link to a cute little penguin jar, I have also attached a link to a board (Crafting Corner)I belong to that always has posts for inexpensive crafts.

http://www.homecrafting.com/collection_eli...ads/penguin.pdf

The Crafting Corner:

http://craftingcorner.ipbfree.com/index.php?act=idx

Melissa said...

Did you figure it out? If not, let me know and I'd be happy to help!

Trina said...

How about a calendar made with coasters that you can get from a bar or restaurant?? Good luck figuring something out!! Oh, and I love your family pictures!!

sandie994 said...

If you have never been there check out Sue Nelson's site. She has lots of great gift ideas. Look under acrylic frames and coaster projects.Check out other topics too she has other things besides under those catagories.

http://www.heartprints.net/gallery/

Mary R. said...

Have you seen the Christmas Chipboard package that SU! has. There is plenty in there to make lots of really, really cute gifts. We had retreat this past weekend and we made, from that package, a snowflake ornament, a star picture frame, a clipboard with a poinsetta, Christmas cards with snowflakes, bag tags, etc. (these would be wonderful) and had tons of chipboard we didn't even touch. There are 40 pieces and it is $19.95. It is called On Board Trimmings. If you have access to the SCS Dirty Dozen Gallery they made cute tie ons for bags or they could be ornaments out of empty ribbon spools! My girl scouts are going to make those as gifts for their parents. If you want info on the chipboard projects we made at retreat, contact me at mrager8996@charter.net and I will email you photos and mail you instructions. Hope that helps.