Monday, August 06, 2007

Sympathy Roses

Needed a sympathy card for my boss' wife. (Her uncle passed away).

The top layer is actually the vanilla c.s., cuttlebugged with the "textiles" folder and sponged with regal rose and pretty in pink, and then has a rectangle cut out of it (measured on backside and used 12" cutter). The rose layer, is underneath the cuttlebugged layer...kinda like a frame. I couldn't find a good place for the sentiment (too much going on already) so I put "From the Heart" on the inside, along of course, with a personal note.

Wow...seems like I've had soo much going on lately, and an occasion for many different kinds of cards. I have a habit of creating at the last minute and sending them out right away, so I don't usually have much on hand. I think I really should get some more sympathy cards done in my "spare" time, as these are kinda hard to do at the drop of a hat. This is probably my favorite set though. I'm hoping to have more "spare" time after the kids are in school. ??? Ya think??? Ya, I know that's prolly not gonna happen. Lol!! I always say, I can't wait for summer--maybe things will slow down! Summer's been soo busy, now I'm saying, "can't wait for kids to go to school" but I know that things pick back up and it's driving them to dance classes, to and from school, church activities. Ok, guess I shall revel in what's left of summer. ;o)

7 comments:

Peggy Maier said...

Oooo - I LOVE this card! Great job with the colors, etc. Very elegant looking!

Selena said...

Wow, looks like you've been super busy since I last had a chance to check out your blog! Wonderful cards! They're all great!

Ila said...

This is So Beautiful!! I can't believe all the cards you've made since I was last here. They are all Gorgeous!

Kathy said...

This is gorgeous! I'm sorry that you had to make a sympathy card. I don't like making them myself and I totally agree about how hard they are to whip out at the last minute.

Corie said...

Very elegant -- love it.

Morning Glory68 said...

This is a lovely card, Kristine. The colors and so soft and feminine.

Keeping some extra sympathy cards on hand is a great idea. And like most stampers, finding the spare time to do that is challenging. Enjoy the last days of summer! :D

Heather P. said...

This is SO pretty!