Thursday, August 02, 2007

Simple, Yet Elegant

Happy Thursday!! I made this for the Sketch Challenge #135. I also combined a couple challenges from the Dirty Dare '07, one of them was to add black to make your other colors pop (but not as a main color), and the other was to create an elegant card. Guess I'm kinda in the mood for those lately?!

The flower stamp is from the "Everyday Celebrations" set (retired SU!). I couldn't decide what to color my roses with, so I left them uncolored. Does it look plain? I layered the white c.s. onto a vanilla card base and then added a vanilla layer on top. My first time puting vanilla and white together... hmmm... I think it looks quite classy, don't you?? :) Besides, I only had vanilla organdy, not white. This was meant to be an annivesary card. Didn't have a tiny saying for that, so it'll go on the inside. Ciao for now!

EDITED: Here's another one I just made for this challenge. I call it "Pretty in Pink" :) I combined it with the Dirty Dare Challenge--Use Lotsa Brads!!
I used the "Delight in Life" set for the sentiment, and a dp from a mini catty for the background paper. Cuttlebugged my pretty in Pink layer and added lots of brads.



BTW...
I'm soo sorry that I haven't stayed up to date on those who have signed my guestbook!! I've noticed a few more of you have signed it, and I haven't gotten to say THANK YOU yet. You guys are awesome--Thanks to everyone for stopping by and visiting my blog! Yáll are just the best...
Thank You

4 comments:

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

very elegant Kristine, would make a lovely wedding card. Is that a stamp? its lovely xx

Shanismom said...

pretty cards. i agree with Marlou - about wedding card.

Michele said...

Both of these are beautiful! Nice job!

kathy said...

very pretty kristine. You did a great job on them