Monday, August 20, 2007

No Work and a Tri-Fold Challenge

Happy Monday!! Bad news...one of my daughters is sick Sick

The girls went swimming yesterday and it was her first time trying it without floaties--guess she swallowed too much chlorine water? She's not running a fever, but she's got the vomitting and "the other". You know she's sick when she lays on the bathroom floor and doesn't care if she has her blankie!! SO...that means I get to take the day off work and play with some stamping! But before I show you today's challenge, I took a picture of what my youngest daughter came running in to tell me, "Come see what I made mommy!!" OK--here it is:



this is what she was sooo proud of! They went to the fair parade a couple weeks ago and brought back all this candy! I let them each have a few pieces before I confescated it all--basically I put it in the kitchen pantry so I could hear the door opening if they were to sneak it!

My husband thinks we should give it to them all at once so they'll get (literally) SICK of it, and then it'll be gone and they won't want any more for a looong time!! HA HA. I'm not that mean.

ON TO MY CARD CHALLENGE:
We were to create a "Cami" tri-fold card. I used my Papertrey Ink set called "Butterfly Kisses". I made my card taller than Cami's original because I wanted to add ribbon and a saying at the bottom.

I didn't have the soft sky ink pad, so I tried using Cool Caribbean and stamping off once and it looks REALLY close!! :) I did use the Blue Bayou ink though, as well as cardstock and the contrasting paper and ribbon is Soft Sky. For the sentiment, I used my cuttlebug ribbon slider dies and CM's oval cutters. I also used CM's circle cutters for my large circle cut-out and the Giga Scallop Punch by Marvy for the frame. The paisleys down the right side are stamped with white craft ink. But on the dark blue, it looks like the Soft Sky color--cool beans! :)

Here's a picture of the inside:



5 comments:

Melissa said...

Awesome job on the challenge! I'm off to work on mine now!

reflections:0) said...

Very, very nice...:0) Sorry to read that your little one is sick...

reflections:0)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Both of ;your trifold cards are great! I just got my new Papertreyink. Beautiful Blooms set today, I love her stamps!

Trina said...

Love that new tri-fold!! Those papertrey stamps are gorgeous!! Great job, I love how you add a element on every page of your cards!

Heather P. said...

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that your daughter is sick... I hope she feels better SOON! :)

Love the card... So pretty!