Saturday, August 18, 2007

Emboss-Resist Blossoms

Hi All!! Today was the first day I've stamped since last Saturday. Guess we've been enjoying summer--what's left of it! :) Picnics...bike riding...swim parks...and of course working! I took the girls school shopping this week as well, and I actually found some really cute blouses for myself for church/work. I have the hardest time finding cute stuff around here that fit! Anyway, we also stopped in at the Christian Book store and I bought 3 new c.d. accompaniment trax so I can sing some newer songs in church again. Haven't done that in a while, but I think I'm getting in the groove again. :)


ABOUT THE CARD:
This was for today's Inspiration Challenge at SCS, which was this bedspread. When I saw it, I immediately thought to do the Emboss Resist Technique. I LOVE the set "Best Blossoms" for this one--lotsa room to color over the embossed flowers. In case you don't know what this technique is, you emboss with white e.p. on a darker colored cardstock, and then color over the white parts with the Pastels (chalks). If you go onto your c.s., you can easy erase it with the eraser that comes in your Pastel case. It looked unfinished even after punching corners and layering, so I added a couple scallop punched squares and cut-outs of Papertrey Ink's "Butterfly Kisses" which are attched to the squares with the vintage brads. This makes them free to "fly". The sentiment is punched with the largest oval punch and is sponged with celery and pink and on thick pop dots. Ribbon is the Flirty collection from SU's mini.

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Trina said...

Very Cool! I love that you got your inspiration from a bedspread, I guess it show that inspirations can come from anywhere!!
Beautiful card!

Corie said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

Melissa said...

So lovely Kristine!

Kathy said...

Missed your posts, but the wait was worth it. I love the brown and pink. I have some colors like that but have not gotten into the colors. This gives me the desire to move forward.

Diane said...

What a beauty!!!

Michelle said...

This is so beautiful, so elegant!

Jen said...

i totally love your coloring, girl!!

hugs n' aloha,
Jen

Heather P. said...

This is wonderful!! :)