Sunday, August 05, 2007

Daughters Card for Anna

My 8 yr. old helped with this one... she's giving it to Anna for her bridal shower. Inside it says.... "Yer Gittin Hitched!" Used snap stamps for that saying.

I used the Pretty Paisley bg stamp on the red c.s. and highlighted areas with the white gel pen. The 3 pictures are from an old retired set called Happy Trails, and the Yeehaw is from the set, Yeehaw.

Carly really wanted to use some old red embossing glitter I had, and I wasn't sure it would work cause it was so old, but it did! She's so happy with this card. The corners of pictures are punched with the Southwest corner punch and black twine ran around the indentations (? or whatever they're called!). Sponged edges with brocade blue. Silver brads give the card a nice finished look. I admit, this is a little unusual for a bridal shower card, but I thought after the elegant card I made her, I wanted the kids to have fun with it and do a silly one. :) Anyway, have a great day!!

2 comments:

Corie said...

Great card for the kids to give. I bet this one will be the bride's favorite.

Morning Glory68 said...

Carly is becoming quite the stamper! Very nice card and I love the sentiment inside. :)