Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Bridal Elegance

Another Dirty Dare Challenge: to make an "Elegant" card. After seeing Dawn's blog with her CUTE bride card, I knew I just HAD to make one for my niece who's getting married in 3 weeks.

The original designer of this template is Jan Tink, of Stamps, Paper, Scissors. She has an awesome blog, full of amazing stuff--be sure and check it out!

Anyway, I don't have a working printer, so I tried to stick a piece of typing paper up to the computer and trace it....um, have any of YOU tried that b4?? It doesn't work!! :(

Then I realized with the screen size, it would've been waaay too large for my card anyway. SO, I redrew it myself, looking off her template and resized it a couple times, and wha-La!! OK--the skirt isn't rounded enough, but next time I'll remember to alter my template ;)

The skirt has tulle over it--actually it isn't that stiff tulle, it's the sheer stuff (what I had on my veil). For the bodice, after cutting it out, I ran it through my cuttlebug with the "Textiles" folder. Then I went over the puffy parts with a 2-way glue pen and added Dazzling Diamonds. Very sparkly. I also sewed a cute border all around the pink layer, and the prima flowers on bouquet have glitter white brads in centers. :)

Oh yes...the necklace is made of beads that came off of my headpiece from when I got married! Just a little added sentimental tidbit. :)

I just realized as I went to type in a label for this that it doesn't use any STAMPS!! What do I put it under?? LOL.

16 comments:

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

stunning Kristine :) x

Peggy Maier said...

Wow - you've done an excellent job of redrawing the template! I was planning to make one of these cards this week & couldn't decide what to do with the bodice - thanks for the great idea of using the Cuttlebug embossing folder & the glitter. Your card turned out absolutely gorgeous - esp. the one using bits & pieces from your own wedding!

Ally B said...

OMG how cute is that??? you are so creative!!

Morning Glory68 said...

Your niece will absolutely love this card! What beautiful details! I'm in awe!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow, what a great card! You did a beautiful job with it! She's going to love it.

Kathy said...

Wow, this is amazing! I love the glitter on the bodice of the dress--it really, really looks like a wedding dress. Great job recreating this!!!!!!

StampOwl said...

soooo beautiful Kristine ....... love how you added the textile embossing to the bodice. My DD is always wanting wedding cards so I may need to make one of these someday!

Flossie's Follies said...

OMG these cards are awesome, love the embossing with all that bling, this is a card your niece will bring out to share with the grandchildren on her 50th Wedding Anniversary. It is fantastic.

Cindy H. said...

What a gorgeous card! I'm sure your niece will love that it is a part of your wedding veil - a very sentimental, thoughtful gesture.

Michele said...

This is so adorable! WOW! I totally love this card!

Tina Suzan said...

I KNOW I would have tried the piece of paper over the computer and trace thing LOL However I also KNOW I would NEVER have been able to redraw it myself and have such a SPECTACULAR card for the end product!!!! It's truly beautiful and the fact that you added beads off of your own headpiece makes me tear up!!! You are soooo sweet and thoughtful..SOOOOOOO stop about what you COULD HAVE done better..the card is done and will mean so much to your niece!! And all of us got a peak at how we can make a beautiful bride card!!!
Thanks
In Peace & Laughter,
Tina Suzan

Donna said...

wow - this is AMAZING! love it so much!

Corie said...

OH both of these are absolutely GORGEOUS.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just adorable! Very elegant!

Shanismom said...

very beautiful card. love the sparkles and the primas. your niece is going to love the card. love the sewed border, you are getting so good with the sewing machine.

THANK U, THANK U, THANK U for the card, it's beautiful. love the sewing. i have to learn how to do that...

Jen said...

ooooh that card is so pretty. I love how you added the sentimental touch to it.