Friday, August 31, 2007

An Altered Tin & a Winner!

First things first... the winner of my little drawing was Kathi b., who said:

"My 4 year old is starting kindergarten on the 4th. The more I think about it the more sappy I get. I can't believe she's getting so grown up."

I KNOW!! It was just two yrs. ago that my youngest went to Kindergarten with my 1st grader and they both held hands as they walked up to the door--they looked soo small and I got all teary-eyed as I left the school. Anyway, CONGRATS KATHI... shoot me an email with your snail addy so I can send you this little number!

I used a black tin box that came with a couple pair of fancy man socks for my hubby last Christmas (came from the Christian Book Store). I decoupaged some designer paper to the lid and sides, and decorated the top with my Polka-dot Posies set. Inside is filled with a bunch of goodies, however, I want to keep the contents a surprise Gift :)
Can you believe it's the last day of August already!!
Well, remember that cooler weather I talked about a few days ago? YA... huge teaser!! The last couple days we've had thunder storms and GET THIS-- yesterday was 99 degrees outside, and the girls and I came out of Bi-Mart and it started HAILING on us!! No kidding! big ice balls on the hood of the car and yet it was nearly 100 degrees out. ??!!?? Today has been very muggy and hot too, but only high 80's. Where's my nice Fall weather?? Guess I jumped the gun just a tad. Oh ya, some of you asked where I'm from? Central Oregon. It's considered the High Desert here. Usually don't get much rain or snow, but at least it's not usually muggy like today's been :( yuck. I did live in Idaho, Kansas, and South Dakota though, so I know what muggy really feels like. Ok, am I boring you yet? Lol. Gotta run. Another busy weekend starts now!
Waving

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh I love the image on your banner! I think this is the first time I've found your blog and I know I'll be back!!!
Wonderful tin!!!

Heather P. said...

What a great tin! LOVE it! :)

Shanismom said...

LOVE the tin.

yes summer is over, it is so sad. here in new england it either hot or cold there is no in between.

Kathi B said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! I am so over the top happy. I recived my package today and was amazed to see not only that beautiful tin but a ton of fun things from stickers, papers and a pen. The card you included is so adorable in real life. Thank you so much!