Friday, July 20, 2007

Prayers Needed

As most of you know, my family is going through a difficult time right now. I thank you for your thoughts and prayers and emails of encouragement. I'm not very open about my personal life on the web, but my sisters in Christ can pray without knowing every detail. I got some more bad news today. My music director's son, Joe was killed this morning as he was driving and fell asleep at the wheel very early in the a.m. They say he was killed instantly. He was here helping with VBS last week--was a crew leader. He just graduated and was going off to college. I'm very grateful for your conintued prayers.

I just want to add that he was a Christian and I believe the angels are rejoicing and Jesus is welcoming him "home"--to his eternal home. That is a very happy occassion for those who know Jesus as their personal Savior. We do feel sad for the people he left behind because it is a huge shock to suddenly not have someone you love here anymore, especially someone young as he was. Jesus knew it was his time to go and though we will miss him, God allowed him to spend this week with his family as his parents just celebrated their 20th anniversary. I knew a lady who said that when she goes, she doesn't want a "funeral" with people crying, she wants a PARTY because she'll be with the Lord and that's she couldn't think of a better reason to have a party. So, that's what they did--balloons, cake and all!! :) We will try to be there for the family, and I believe it would be extremely difficult to lose a child, but there is HOPE in the Lord and all who know Him will have hope.

8 comments:

Morning Glory68 said...

Oh, Kristine. I'm so sorry to hear this. Please know that I'll be praying for all of Joe's family and friends. My heart goes out to you.

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

Kristine, I am so, so sorry for your sad news, this is terrible, your in my prayers Kristine xxx

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I'll continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

Donna said...

oh Kristine! I'm sad to hear of your church's loss! My prayers are continually with you...

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I'll be praying for you Kristine, may God give you peace and comfort today and in the days to come.

Tina Suzan said...

Kristine,

So sorry to hear the sad news...prayers for all of those he left behind...I agree that a party is a MUCH better choice than black, funerals, tears...Celebrate his new life and the one that he was lucky enough to live here on earth!!

In Peace,
Tina Suzan

P. S. Keep forgetting to tell you how much I love your Countdown!! :)

Corie said...

OH my, my prayers are with you and the family.

I agree with the party instead of a funeral. We did that for my Grandma -- It is so good to celebrate the fact that our loved one is with GOD, rather than be sad.

Diane said...

I'll keep you and your family and friends in my prayers! He was so young! Thinking about you!!!