Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy Birthday Ashley!

This card is for my niece, Ashley who just turned 13. Yup...I'm a little late with it, but that's okay, I'm going to pick her up tomorrow and keep her for the rest of July, so we're planning to throw her a surprise birthday party at the pizza place when we get back on Saturday.
Surprise
I used my SU! Pallete O' Prints for the green layer, and Apricot Appeal, run thru the CB with birthday folder and then sponged Close to Cocoa ink over raised parts and edges. The scallop is done in Chocolate Chip c.s. and I just used my fiskars cloud scissors to trim edge. If you look really closely you can see that I added Crystal Effects to the dark brown and the pink bumps on the turtle's shell. I almost used today's sketch challenge for this one, but I just really like the effect of this one better. You can see a whole gallery using this sketch HERE.

14 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi! Cute card. Love your blog! Fabulous template. - Suzanne

Heather P. said...

What a GREAT card! Love it. :)

Michelle said...

That is so cute!

Gina Wrona said...

Awesome! love that envelope look!

Trina said...

This is so cute!! Love your coloring!

Pink Chic said...

Found your blog today - the colors caught my eye immediately - they look fabulous. The turle is a real cutie - I have just recently found Whipper Snapper stamps, and have already received my first order. Your work is really good - I've bookmarked your site and will be returning often.
Marilyn Cline

Ashley said...

Love your cards! I found your comment on Jan Scholl's blog and thought I would drop by.
Your cards are so cute and fun.

Michele said...

What a cute card! I have a similar turtle...haven't used it yet!

Misty said...

Love the card!


You've been tagged also.....check out my blog for info.

mum-on-the-run said...

Cute card, just love that stamp :)

Selena said...

This is adorable, great turtle!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

very cute!!

Shanismom said...

love the card.

Ana said...

How cute!! I love that little turtle. Great color combo too..she will love it!!