Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Sketch Challenge #128

I love the sketch challenge for this week. If you haven't seen it yet, click here. It's soo much fun to do. I added some more stitching...just call me "stitch happy"!! Lol.

After cutting my pieces, I used regular one-sided tape to tape them on the back side. Then I ran the diagonals through the sewing machine and then taped it to the black card base. Watercolored the roses and added some doodling and brads.

STAMPS: Everyday Celebrations; Warm Words
PAPER: Pallete O' Prints; basic black; watercolor c.s.
ACCESSORIES: polka-dot ribbon from Janet's ribbon share; square scallop punch by Marvy; polka-dot and striped brads from Queen & Co. (for my b-day from Janelle); aqua painter; sewing machine; thread

EDITED: Did ya know that when doing this sketch challenge, you end up with enough cut pieces to make 2 cards using same triangles? SO, here's my second card... the same, but different!!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Both are wonderful cards!

Donna said...

these cards are great!!!

Heather P. said...

These are SO pretty! I love how you switched the layout and the scallops on both cards. It makes them seem so different. :)

Sherrie said...

Great job on these Kristine. Love your take on the sketch challenge, it was a fun one, wasn't it!

Abra Leah Cross said...

What a cute layout! I need to get over there and do the challenges - I just never have free time!! :)

Rose Ann said...

Those are some beautiful cards!! I love both of them!!

Dawn Griffith said...

Love those colors together girlie .. and I so wish I had a sewing machine.. Looks Great !!
xoxox
Dawn Griffith

Cambria Turnbow said...

Oh, your sewing is SO awesbomb!!! I LOVE all your sewn cards!!

PS.. did you ever get the teacher gift done? :)

Rhonda said...

This is my first visit to your blog and I LOVE your work! I am linking you to my blog:)!!