Thursday, June 21, 2007

Ladybug Kraft Box

As we were checking out of the Suttle Lake Cabin, I was given this large plain Kraft gable box with bottled water and peanuts in it for the trip home. Speaking of home, when I got there, my new Papertrey Ink sets were waiting on our porch--so I put them to good (recycled) use :) This is made with the Little Lady and Butterfly Kisses acrylic sets that I've been oohing and ahhing over.

What's more perfect is that this is just the right size to fit my altered lunch tin that I made into a recipe box for my niece's wedding shower on Saturday!! [picture to come]
:) I do realize that my recipe box does not match my gable box, but I'm sure she won't mind!! At least she can reuse the box. I added a bit of turquoise to the box because her wedding colors are turquoise and silver.

For ink, I used Color Box pigment brush pads in ruby and aqua, and SU! craft pads in white and black. I LOVE how fast the Color Box inks dry and they hold their true color, even on plain ol' kraft brown cardboard :)

The saying on the front of box says, "a happy life is made of little things" from the Little Lady set.

7 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

OH, this is just GORGEOUS! I LOVE IT!

Michele said...

This is sooo cute! I love the look of the kraft paper/color!

Jessica said...

This is darling! The ladybugs are fabulous on the kraft. I *heart* the images in both of these sets.

Heather S. said...

Yay, it's letting me comment. It only lets me comment sometimes lately. I think this is so cute. It's too bad they didn't realize the potential of the box. But it's great for you. ;) *wink, wink*

Heather P. said...

How cute is this?! Totally adorable! :)

Corie said...

great idea. I love it.

sophia landry said...

This gable box is adorable with those little ladies. All your work looks awsome, I'm so glad that i managed to follow your link back to this wonderful blog. I especially like the coloring i've seen so far..especially on those whipper snapper designs. Can't wait to peruse more and see more of your great work!