Saturday, June 30, 2007

Beate's Sketch Challenge #8

This was a cute sketch. I don't know HOW in the world I came up with this idea for the angel, but it kinda just came together and I like how it turned out.

Her dress is paper pieced with the Pallete O' Prints paper. The rest of the card is also POP, except for the white piece that I stamped her on. The girl is by Whipper Snapper...see link at right.

Large crystal stick-on gems are by Making Memories. I also lightly colored her wings with Amethyst and added Dazzling Diamonds to them.

I ran this through my sewing machine b4 putting girl on. Ok, I lied *gasp* it actually was an after-thought, so I pulled the girl off so I could stitch under her, and my tape is REALLY good stuff, and the gummy stuff stuck to my footer on my sewing machine, Grrr!!! The machine is fairly new, so I have to actually read the manual to figure out how to take the thing off!! Lol...pathetic, I know! Can't believe I'm in my 30's and JUST got my first sewing machine. But I'm loving making cards with it!! Now I'm off to finish laundry.


HEY!! ANYONE UP FOR A WHIPPER SNAPPER SWAP??? I just think these stamps are sooo CUTE, and I've never hosted a swap b4, but I would love to do one. Any of you ladies interested?? How should I go about this, post it on SCS?? Stay tuned!

13 comments:

Corie said...

This is the cutest!!!

beate said...

This is too darn cute! Thanks so much for participating in the challenge! Hugs and smiles

Rose Ann said...

This is so cute!! I love the pretty papers and all that piercing you did!

Abra Leah Cross said...

This is absolutely adorable!! I love all the details - from the paper piecing, to the sewing... it all pulls the card together beautifully!

CUTE stamp, too! :)

StampOwl said...

Oh how adorable is this - she is soooo cute - I just might need to get her one day now LOL

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

Kristine this is soooo cute!!
I love it

Marlou x

Karen Lindsay said...

This card is just too cute! It's wonderful! :)

Karen

Tina Suzan said...

Love this CUTE card...love all of it's details...a Whipper Snapper Swap would be so much fun...Let us know!!

Barb said...

This is adorable.. I better go check out Whipper Snapper again... I haven't seen this one!

Heather P. said...

Oh my goodness, this is SO cute! Love the stamped image. :)

Trina said...

I love your card!!! I don't own any whipper snapper stamps, but I think they are just adorable!!!

sophia landry said...

This is absolutely adorable, I wish I had tried this layout because it looks awsome. I absolutely love all the whipper Snapper stamps, but unfortunately don't own any yet!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I saw this the other day when I visited, but didn't have time to leave a comment! This is just fabulous! You are really rockin' with these Whipper Snapper designs! Awesome work!