Friday, June 22, 2007

Anna's Recipe Box

This box actually has a lot of bling on it...although you can't see it well with this picture. I painted the top, all the way down the the gold metal rim (of the lid) with plum scrapbooking paint 2 xs, and then went over that with the decoupage medium. I purchased this "Chloe's Closet" paper thru All That Scraps, as well as the colored rhinestones. I put tiny pink rhinestones in the big light green circles and tiny white rhinestones in all the big dark green ones. I also added a big white one to center of primas and 3 tiny pink ones on the "A". After painting the top plum, I ran some white grosgrain thru my xyron and wrapped around rim and then added a clear rhinestone to each side. It looks better IRL, as I always say :) My camera is not the best. Oh ya, the "A" came from my box of goodies from Starr Mercer, and they come already covered. This one has script writing in white on a light green bg. I sponged the edges with my Color Box apple green to make it stand out more. Thanks for looking!!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

What a fun tin! I love these colors and the bling is perfect.

Corie said...

Great colors -- love it

Michele said...

What a great tin! So cute!

Heather S. said...

So cute. I need to get some paint to paint the tops of my tins. I totally am ambitious about decorating them, but trying to figure out a pattern with the handle there is just too difficult.

Sherrie said...

this is just adorable Kristine! Love the pink and the flowers!

Juliana said...

This is so cute!!
I love these colors and papers!!