Monday, May 07, 2007

Redraw - Unclaimed Blog Candy

I didn't hear back from Maryann, so we'll try this again! I drew another number from my guestbook and...CONGRATS Peggy Maier!! I'll get that sent out tomorrow! :)

AND A CARD:

I usually have a really tough time doing "simple" cards, but with this was easy to do and I like the end results. I used a regular sheet of Georgia-Pacific white cardstock for the base (nothing special!) :) Then, I cut a square out of a piece of typing paper to reverse mask with the canvas bg stamp in pretty in pink and celery. (EDITED: I forgot to mention b4 that the flowers are 3d stickers I bought at Wal-Mart) I Didn't realize the pink/green flower was going to be so big, so if I were to do it again, I would make the pink canvas square larger, and the green one smaller. But, overall...I like this simple card.
It's been a looong Monday!! I stayed home sick today, which is VERY unfortunate given the weather was in the 70's for a first!! :( I checked out the challenge on SCS today and just didn't have the energy, but it's a really good one to do when I'm better. You can see it HERE.

9 comments:

Michele said...

This is absolutely breathtaking! Love its simplicity!

Peggy Maier said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card - I love everything about it! Thanks too, for drawing my name as the winner!

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

this is so pretty, kristine!! we must be on the same crafting wavelength--i just did an a muse card that is REALLY simple and then i did another card by making some cute 3-D flowers on it!!
do do do do!! do do do do!! (music from close encounters--ha!)

Allison said...

Such a pretty card Kristine...love all the textures here!

Heather S. said...

Okay, so I'm a little behind on reading blogs rlately, but this is SOOO cute. I read what you said about using typing paper for reverse masking for the canvas bg. I didn't understand, but that's okay, I don't clame to know all stamping techniques. Very nice!

Sherrie said...

very cute, love all the fun colors!

kathy said...

Its so pretty for something you call simple. I love it

Shanismom said...

very pretty card.

Jami said...

I have been looking at your projects and am very impressed. I was wondering if you would consider submitting 10-15 samples for our perusal. This would be for a possible guest artist article in Take Ten magazine. I would like you to group your projects in fours, in terms of coordinating colors and themes. Please go to every creative length, stretch your mind and deplete your reserves for this challenge. There are no limits! We are looking for the most unique techniques, color palettes, style, etc. Thank you for your time, I look forward to seeing your submissions. I will need your projects by August 1, 2007. Please send them to:
Jami Petersen
Take Ten Editor
22992 Mill Creek, Suite B
Laguna Hills, CA 92653


Jami Petersen
Managing Editor
The Stampers' Sampler, Take Ten, Haute Handbags, Inspirations, Catch Up, Handcrafted, All Things String
www.stampington.com