Saturday, May 12, 2007

Pot O' Sunshine CASE

STAMPS: Terrific Tulips; Floral; Antique Cracking; Tags So Much
CARDSTOCK: Real Red; Always Artichoke; Whisper White
ACCESSORIES: gold brads; pop dots; red & saffron markers; red/white gingham ribbon; tag punch; 1/16" hole punch

I just recieved this Terrific Tulips stamp set (that I always wanted and never bought) so I thought what a perfect set to make a Birthday card for my MIL. I knew there were tons of cards in the SCS gallery and to be honest, there are 9 stamps in this set and I wasn't really too sure which ones went together, so I searched the gallery for samples. When I came across this one by One Happy Stamper, it jumped out at me and I was taken aback. I LOVE this card! I used mono adhesive for the large saffron/red tulips in the back and all the others are on pop dots for that 3-d effect. The pot was stamped lightly with Antique Cracking stamp and then I "Direct-to-Paper"ed all around the edges, which just means that I swiped the edge of the c.s. across the ink pad. I didn't add saffron ink to my ribbon like she did just because I was cramming 4 holidays into one, but I do like what she did there. :) HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE!!

1 comment:

StampOwl said...

Hi Kristine, love your accordion book that mothers day verse is lovely - I am sure your mum with just adore the book!