Tuesday, May 01, 2007

My First Coaster Box

Today's Color challenge was in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so any combinations of PINKS. OK...so I didn't actually STAMP anything here, but it is pink!! I saw this paper that has glitter on all the flowers and leaves and couldn't resist--I love glitter!!

This box will go to a friend of mine who is a breast cancer survivor, and she's an incredible inspiration!! While she went through her treatment, she also had 3 kids in H.S. who were very active in sports and she would try to attend most of those events, and she was also putting herself through college to become a teacher!! She's a real go-getter and I believe her will and motivation had a lot to do with the recovery process!! Anyway, she is like a second mother to my girls, and she even teaches at their school now. This will be a Mother's Day gift to her from my girls. The rest of the stuff is just a sampling of some freebies I'll be giving away soon. This certain friend doesn't do crafts (although she appreciates them!) so the girls are going to make some cookies that we'll bag up and put inside the box.

SO...about the box!! :) I followed Taylor's excellent tutorial on SCS {here} except I like to use "Satin Decoupage Medium" by Delta Ceramcoat instead of Mod Podge. This other stuff holds really well and dries fast. Here are some close up shots of the box.

10 comments:

StampOwl said...

this is beautiful!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how cute! I LOVE it! To answer your question, Kristine, during May anyone can get the Palette O'Prints for $9.95 with a $35 purchase. :)

Allison said...

Lovely box!

Allison said...

Lovely box!

Nancy said...

Beautiful!!

Dana said...

Just found your blog through your post to my card on SCS! Anyway, I've been wanting to play with some of these coasters and you've just inspired me.Thanks!

bethtrue said...

Kristine - that's darling - i like how you used different coordinating ribbons to tie the box together. I have made two coaster boxes and i used one length of ribbon and laced it up . i think i will try one with your method. also like the bloom on the side. thanks for sharing!!

Beth (mommy to a wiggly 3 1/2 year old)

Peggy Maier said...

Good job on the box! The colors are so springlike & the ribbons you used add so much!

Tracy.H said...

Beautiful box!! That DP is soooo pretty!

Heather S. said...

Okay, I am so jealous, I've been totally wanting to make one of these, but I don't have any coasters. One of these days I want to go eat at Chili's so I can bring home the coasters. Tee hee!