Thursday, May 31, 2007

My Baby Turns 7 today!

Make A Wish Can't believe my youngest is already 7 yrs. old Weepy

I have a tradition on each of their birthdays to go to the flower store and pick the prettiest rose and have it wrapped up with baby's breath and get a cute balloon tied to it, and then I take it to the school office and have it delivered to her classroom. I put on the note that it's from her "secret admirer". It's fun and adds a little mystery to their day. Also, my husband always makes a point to go have lunch with them on their special day at school. Tonight she wanted to go bowling for her birthday, so we're doing that with my parents and they have the Best pizza there!!


And now for some PUNCHY FUN!!: I came across this card of scrapperaddict on SCS just yesterday and knew I had to do that for Madalyn's card. She loves ladybugs. So, here's my CASE (copy and share with everyone) with just a few tweaks:
I cuttlebugged the black c.s. with the divine swirl folder--can't see that here. I don''t have the PaperTrey Ink's Little Lady set...YET!! So, I made her out of SU!'s oval punches and circle punches! I just drew on the black dots with a marker.
This sketch may look familiar since I just did one couple days ago. You can find it here {SC126}. I used Green Galore with the Paisley bg for one strip and gg through the crimper for the other. There's black brads at the end of her antenaes, and I used my KF snap stamps for the saying. Oh ya...and the set "Riveting" for the circle dealy.
.
WELL...I'm sure you've prolly all seen this tag on everyone's blog by now...but I was tagged twice by Sherrie and Donna, and I'm not sure that it makes for the most interested blog post, but those of you who DO like that kind of thing, I'll amuze you!! LOL!!

7 comments:

Michele said...

This is too cute! Love this layout!

Jason said...

Love this card sharp layout crisp colors...love it!

Jennifer Magreevy said...

LOVE the ladybug!!! Too cute!! :-)

Peggy Maier said...

Really cute idea with the birthday flower - makes it very special to receive it in class.
The cards are gorgeous - as usual.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to your not so little girl! What a wonderful tradition!

Jill said...

Your card is awesome! Great job with the sketch!

Abra Leah Cross said...

Happy birthday!