Thursday, May 24, 2007

My 8 yr. old's Card

My 8 yr. old, Carly made this card.Horse 2 She has a book that teaches you how to draw horses, and this was one she made for her babysitter's birthday!

I thought we'd try Cambria's corner tute, which this doesn't look anything like it because it's a much larger scale, but none-the-less :) She saw the card I made earlier today with the sewn edges and she begged me to sew her letters on. Okay...can I just say Oh--My--Gosh!! That was soooo tricky as some of her letters were so small!! Not to mention that I still can't sew a straight line and about 2 wks ago was my 1st time ever in like 10 yrs. that I've used a machine!! :) Anyway, I'm pretty sure Katy won't see this blog, so I thought I'd upload and show you this. Heart was punched out using CM's smallest heart punch. Letters were just hand-cut out by my dd. :) Thanks for lookin'!!
Horse

5 comments:

Shanismom said...

ooohhhhh, this is priceless. i'm sure whoever gets it will like it.

Tracy.H said...

This is awesome! Great card, Carly!!

kathy said...

She did a good job

Michele said...

WOW! She did a wonderful job!

Abra Leah Cross said...

Absolutely precious!! What a sweet memory you made together! :)