Friday, May 11, 2007

Mary Engelbreit Apron

I was invited to a Spring Luncheon at church this last week and the theme is "Aprons from Heaven". They were having an apron "Fashion Show" and asked me to be in it. I said, ya know what?... after 10 1/2 yrs. of marriage, I don't own a descent apron!! All I have is a green one from a pizza place I worked at before I got married!" So, I decided it was time for me to have one and I was ambitious enough to try to sew one.

Well, I ended up getting really sick this week and didn't get it done for the luncheon, but now that I'm feeling better, I'm excited to start working on it. Of course, I don't own a sewing machine (although hoping for one for Mother's Day!) so I'm gonna have to use my mom's when she has a day off.


Anyway, I've always LOVED the look of Mary Engelbreit with the cherries and fun whimsical stuff all over, and I found some at Wally's World!! :) YEAH!! My boss' wife lent this pattern to me. I'm planning on making it reversable. The black material has little red cherries all over it. It's been...hmm, almost 20 yrs. since I've followed a pattern (in H.S. home ec. class). We'll see how it comes out. Stay tuned :)

1 comment:

kathy said...

Just wanted to say HAPPY MOTHERS DAY