Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Like YOU a Latte - Coaster Box


Here's my second coaster box. I got my shipment of white tea and green teas from The Purple Tea Company,
I wanted to make a little gift box to go along with it. I know that tea is not a "latte", but I love this saying from the SU! set called "Like it a Latte" so I went with it. :) Saw someone replace the "it" with a "u" to make it more personable. This paper is so pretty...blush and dark coral. I had a little bit of blush velvet ribbon left, but not enought to do all 4 corners, so I did 2 corners with that and 2 with some dark coral. This time I laced it up the sides as opposed to tying knots on every hole. :) What do ya think?? THANKS AGAIN SHANI'S MOM FOR THESE AWESOME COASTERS!! I'm having so much fun decoupaging and embelishing them!! After decoupaging the paper and sanding the edges, I punched the scallop circle out of Blush Blossom and another out of Rose Red. I punched holes all around the blush circle and placed the rose one behind so it shows through. For the tea cup, I stamped it in rose red first directly on the blush c.s., then I outlined the stamp with rose marker and stamped that on the designer paper, cut out and mounted with pop dots. : )

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Thanks for a perfect gift idea. I was racking my brain for a little something extra to add to my mom's gift and you gave me the answer. : )

Your coaster boxes are beautiful!

Sherrie said...

thanks for visiting me at my blog, it brought me to yours. Love the work you do with those coasters! Wonderful!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

you make beautiful creations!!

Bety :)

Melissa said...

Holy moly - this is fabulous! TFS!