Saturday, May 12, 2007

Finished Accordian Book/Card

You've probably seen this accordian book before (unfinished) and my box HERE, but I finally got the inside done... Woohoo!! So, I thought I'd better take pictures before I give this away tomorrow--to my mom.

I found this Mother's Day poem by Nicholas Gordon, and I just LOVE the combination of fonts used in the stamp set called "Edgy Eloquence", so I typed up his poem... horray for me that it ended up being 6 parts--one for each of the panels... and I used fonts very close to the EE stamp set!! I also used flowers from several different sets: Terrific Tulips, Roses in Winter; Heartfelt Thanks, and Petal Prints. Here are the pictures:


POEM: "Happy Mother's Day is more than have a happy day. Within those words lie lots of things we never get to say. It means I love you first of all, then thanks for all you do. It means you mean a lot to me, and that I honor you. But most of all, I guess it means that I am thinking of your happiness on this, your day, with pleasure and with love." -Nicholas Gordon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Please forgive me for not sending out the things I said I would last week. I was sick for 5 days straight this week and didn't get to the post office. I'm better now, so am planning on getting those out on Monday (ie. blog candy & swaps). Thanks for being patient. Have a very happy weekend!!

Flowers For Mom

4 comments:

kathy said...

Inside looks really good. Your mom is going to be so proud. I wish my mom could see mine. Thanks for the ecard it was very special

sandie c said...

What a special Mother's Day card. I am sure that your mum will be thrilled to pieces to get it especially with that lovely sentiment. TFS

Sherrie said...

This is very pretty Kristine. Love the album! Happy Mother's Day!

Heather S. said...

Yes, I know, I'm very behind on reading blogs. Life is busy. Anyway, This is SOOO cute! I love it! I hope you had a good mother's day! Glad you're feeling better too.