Sunday, May 27, 2007

Featured Stamper: KED

Sundays are "Featured Stamper" days at SCS, and the gallery we searched today was none other than Kirsten Dubosque's "Confessions of a Naptime Stamper". The challenge is to pick a card out of her gallery to copy, except you have to change at least 2 things (layout, color combo, stamps, etc). I picked this card of hers, and I changed the stamp sets, and I made the main focus a circle and scallop circle rather than a square. The verse is from Edgy Eloquence and the ballerina is from Beautiful Ballerinas set. The bottom half of the pixie pink is cuttlebugged with Bloom Dots, and there's a transparency sheet over pink layers with the verse stamped in Black Stazon ink. There's Dazzling Diamonds on her tutu and shoes! :)

The problem I had with this card is that everything on mine looks scrunched together--not enough room for everything. Hers was square and I assumed it was 4.25", but I think it must have been 5.25"--one inch on a card does a lot!! I only had regular card-sized envies, so I couldn't make mine that large. So, this wouldn't win in the "execution" dept., (not that I'm entering it anywhere--it was a figure of speech) but I think it makes a pretty cute girlie card for someone special :)

3 comments:

StampOwl said...

cute card Kristine, love the verse you used

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

awww!! this is so so cute!! i can't wait to get stamping again! we just re-arranged my craft area (corner of our bedroom) and i had a sewing order to do and so now i can stamp!!! yay!! i will have to send you a picture of my little corner of heaven!! love ya, sus

Kirsten said...

I don't think that it looks too scrunched, at all! It is very cute! Love that sentiment, too! I wish I had gotten that set!