Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Engelbreit Inspired

I joined a swap with a "Tea, Teacups, Lattes, etc" theme recently. I also got a new sewing machine this weekend, and was able to finish up my Mary Engelbreit apron. I love the cute teacups/pots etc on the material, so I tried to recreate one on a card. I made the template myself, as Donovan site was down. (BTW...does anyone know what's up with that?? Did it move??) and this is how it came out. The flowers I stamped even resemble the ones in the material!! Go figure...the set I used was the old retired "Beautiful Ballerinas" set, Lol!! I sponged all the peices before assembling. I used a white gel pen for the stripes on the black, and for the polka-dots on the red. The "handle" is also a stamp out of the ballerinas set, and I stamped it on white c.s., then colored in with markers and added crystal effects to make it puffy and shiny. Then I added it to the top with a small pop dot.

You can't see it in this picture, but the black cardstock is cuttlebugged with the Bloom Dots embossing folder and opposite corners have the paper piercing. Looks cute up close. The "steam" is the smaller stamp out of the "Like it a Latte" set. Here's a picture of my finished apron: (the black material has little cherries/stems all over it)

and here's the teapot on the apron that I "copied"

4 comments:

HeyHeyPaula said...

Wow! This is adorable - the apron & the card. You did a super job on both. TFS

Shanismom said...

congrat on your new sewing machine. the teapot card is beautiful. that's a beautiful template that you made yourself.

Linda Bien said...

Kristine -- Now how clever are you!!! This is absolutely adorable and you matched the teapot to a a (well must I say it) to a TEA!!! I'm so excited about the arrival of your sewing machine!!
Linda L Bien

Michele said...

How adorable! Always loved her!