Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Delight in Mauve

You've prolly had all you can take from me for one day, huh?? I feel like I've been doing a stamping marathon! I sooo wish my camera would take better pics! Oh wait... maybe it's ME :) Yup, that's it I'm sure!! I'm like the worst picture taker (photographer--whatever!!) heehee. I'm sooo used to my daughter correcting everything I say it drives me nuts!!

HOLY TAMOLIE!! I just looked at my gallery on SCS and this card already has 50 comments in less than 1 day!! WOW! :) Thanks girls to those who left me a comment...glad you likie :)

OKAY: This was for the sketch challenge today...OOPS, I mean tomorrow!! I found the post early tonight and I'm up, so I figured I'd do just one more. Here's the link to the sketch challenge. It's a fun one...they say it's a good one to use up those scraps just lying around, but who wants scraps when you just bought a HUGE BOOK of coordinating cardstock from Wal-Mart?! Not I!! :)


I had to dig up my old retired Mauve Mist ink pad, because that color was the closest to the papers I wanted to use. In fact, it matches pretty closely. I'm noticing that the later the evening goes on, the more I like to ramble! In fact, if it were about 3 a.m. right now, I'd bet you would catch me writing a 5 page post about nothing at all!! I've been known to get up when I can't sleep and think I've got the cleverest thoughts on something stupid and I write this long note to myself, just to find in the mornign when I re-read it that it was the dumbest thing I've ever heard, and I chuck it in the garbage!! Do YOU guys ever do that??

Anyway, back to my card. I used Dazzling Diamonds for the flower centers. I used fiskars "cloud" scissors for the large scallops--they are so great for those! Everything else is pretty much self - explainatory. Gotta go now. Won't be posting tomorrow. I've got another funeral :(

11 comments:

StampOwl said...

saw this on SCS earlier and loved it there and still love it here - you have been busy today

Michelle said...

Great colors! I feel like I spend a lot of time saying that now, but I enjoy monochromatic cards, and those with just a splash of different color. This is so pretty, with the flourishes around the edges like a frame. Funny, too, to hear your daughter corrects you. Remember way back when parents used to do the correcting? Now kids are so smart, they can help us learn!

You've been linked on my blog (thank you for being willing!). You said something about liking the labels element. I'm not sure what you meant by it. Can you help?

Michele said...

This is really pretty! I love the colors and the layout!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a beautiful card!

Abra Leah Cross said...

You are too cute.

I love the colors and layout. What did you use to do the scallops?

Peggy Maier said...

Beautiful card!

Suzy Tyler said...

Hello Kristine! Thank you for visiting my blog at ink-a-dink-a-doo.blogspot.com. And you are very welcome for the comments on your SCS gallery. I enjoy the work that you do. I'm adding you to my "must see" list.

Enjoy life!

Suzy

Sherrie said...

ok I was signing your cool guestbook and I forgot to change the city location....lol.. so I don't live in San Francisco but in Abbotsford, couldn't figure out how to delete the wrong one (sorry). Your kids look like real cuties!

Kathy said...

This card is gorgeous! I totally had to laugh at your late night ramblings--I'm so much like that :-) I've decided to not try to blog too late at night or just save it and then decide in the light of day if it's postable or not.

I'm so sorry that you had a funeral to attend.

Rochelle W said...

Your card is GORGEOUS!! I can believe that it has 50 comments so far. It should have more.

Michelle said...

It is just GORGEOUS!