Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tuesday - Color Challenge!

COLORS: Real Red; Sage Shadow; Black.
I needed a little boy's birthday card, so here it is. I ran the red c.s. through my cuttlebug with the "bubbles" folder. Then I used my Creative Memories circle cutters to cut 4 holes out of the red. Then I layered a white piece of c.s. behind the red and stamped the baseballs. I stuck with only 3 b.balls because of 3 bases--3 strikes etc. and 'cause I needed room for a saying. I used my 1/8" and 1/4" Karen Foster Snap Stamps to do the saying, but first, I stamped off a star with Sage Shadow ink. The black circle around it is layered on top of the red.
Ok...you see my wierd smashed in eyelets over there? Well, I thought it was a good idea to put a small sage eyelet inside a large black one (I heard they used to do that when SU! was selling those large ones) but it didn't quite work the way I wanted. Guess I need some practice there, lol!! For the corners, I used the corner rounder, and again with the sage piece, and then I took the 1/2 circle slit punch and just snipped a partial circle out of the middle of it. Went better with all the roundness of the card (as opposed to doing straight square cuts). Layered all on a black base. What do ya think? It's for an 8 yr. old boy. :o)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Perfect card for a little boy! You did great with today's challenge!