Sunday, April 01, 2007

Shades of Green

I needed to make some elegant birthday cards for a couple special ladies at church this week, and I pulled out my pre-cuttlebugged cardstock (stylized flowers) in Sage Shadow and Handsome Hunter. It looks like I cut ovals and layered them on top of the card, but I actually cut oval windows out of the top layer first. Then I cut a slightly small oval and placed behind and then put the stamped layer on the back. For the sage, I sponged on some hunter ink and on the hunter, I sponged white craft ink. The darker card uses my first stamped image (so it's darker) and the sage uses the second stamping of the same image, (so it's lighter). I added cranberry ribbon to the lighter card and darker burgundy ribbon to the darker one. :o) Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Ally B said...

Very very pretty!! I have been on the look out for this cuttle bug folder...can't wait till I find it!!

Natalie said...

Gorgeous!

Shanismom said...

yeah i'm looking for this folder too. BTW: very elegant cards. i love them.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Gorgeous cards! I really like the colors!

Jeanine Eckert said...

Gorgeous! I love the contrast in colors between them- both look fantastic!