Monday, April 09, 2007

Monday's Challenge: Reverse Masking

Before I show you today's card, I wanted to share something with you that I read today that might save your life! A Tip every one should know: Put your car keys beside your bed at night. If you hear a noise outside your home or someone trying to get in your house, just press the panic button for your car. The alarm will be set off, and the horn will continue to sound until either you turn it off or the car battery dies. It's a security alarm system that you probably already have and requires no installation! (Odds are, it will scare off a burglar or rapist). This tip came from a neighborhood watch coordinator. And it works. This will also work if you are walking to your card in a parking lot. Just remember to press the button again to turn it off. I'll remember this, especially on those nights when my husband is gone hunting etc.!! ;o)
And now, on to today's card--Reverse Masking:
Happy Monday!! My picture is a tad dark, but this is actually stamped with Rose Red, Always Artichoke and Bashful Blue ink. Reverse masking is really simple to do. You can view Beate's awesome tutorial on it {here}. I started out trying to make a really simple all white card--no layers, but somehow it didn't look complete to me, so I ended up cutting it down and embellishing--probably a little too much, eh??
Okay...so I first punched out the scallop circle out of printer paper, layed that over my white cardstock with temporary adhesive. Then I sponged on Bashful Blue ink from the outside in, leaving a little of the center white (for a "brilliance" look). Then I inked up my flowers with Rose Red and Always Artichoke markers and stamped inside the template and stamped off as well to add a softer look to it. Then, I removed the template and rubbed off any remaining adhesive, and stamped my sentiment. The photo corner and the rose red card is dry embossed with the "Textile" Cuttlebug embossing folder (Provocraft). Looks simple, IS simple. :0)

4 comments:

Shanismom said...

beautiful card. i have to try that technic one day.....

WOOOOOHOOO I can comment now. Might have been the computer i was on cause i'm using a different one.

Kathy McDowell said...

This is a great card! I must use this technique for sure!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Love your card! I still haven't gotten to that challenge! :)

kathy said...

Love the card. I like the stamping off effect. I am going to try this challenge.